When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Skyland Blacksteel

fijiman

Hello,

I wanna get skyland blacksteel and was wondering if anyone has purchased from trsuted dealer in this forum? If so, what are your thoughts and comments on your purchase. Also what version did you get with what type of band?

it'll be my first rep so wanna ensure I get as good as it gets :)

Thanks guys....

i think here are houndreds of people who purchased from the trustet dealers mate :lol:

skyland blacksteel is a cool watch and you cant go wrong with the trustet dealers, choose your dealer..it depens from where you are and then start it :) but not at the moment cause there are in holidays, and for the thought of the watch go to the breitling section, or type the watchname in the search window and you get tons of posts, see ya.

denz

Thanks guys.. Yea I read about everyone being on holiday for CNY.

Lani, your BS looks great... Question for you.. when you got with A7750, did it have smooth 28800bph (8ticks)?

It was smooth and the rotor relatively quiet.. but this for me, deserved a Valjoux and since I had a few that I got for a good price I chose the BS as one of the recipients.

They always come on the Pro Diver rubber strap, don't get a bracelet for this one.

There are a few different choices of straps for it though, Lani started a huge scrabble when he unveiled his HKTan, black and red strap!!

I got one made by our own Blackbard, made from large scale gator and red stitching. Makes a nice change from the rubber!!

Sixx :bones:

This is the PVD version?

Technically it's the V2 DLC version that I have (the most correct).. DLC is (Diamond-Like-Carbon)and is the hardest coating treatment available for your watch. The watch survives anything and is almost impervious to any scratches or markings! My Blacksteel hasn't got one mark on the case and I wear it quite often. :thumbsupsmileyanim: DLC is a type of PVD.. but in general when we say "PVD" here it refers to a lower quality Powder Coating that is of much lower quality.. and also a different color. PVD is generally straight black.. where as DLC treatments will acheive the gunmetal color of my PIC.

Secondly.. a while ago HONT had a special going for this watch but I'm positive it was only for a couple of weeks while he was trying to clear stock. The price he'll quote you will probably be closer to $310 or $330 now... but you can email and ask.

Good luck!

Technically it's the V2 DLC version that I have (the most correct).. DLC is (Diamond-Like-Carbon)and is the hardest coating treatment available for your watch. The watch survives anything and is almost impervious to any scratches or markings! My Blacksteel hasn't got one mark on the case and I wear it quite often. :thumbsupsmileyanim: DLC is a type of PVD.. but in general when we say "PVD" here it refers to a lower quality Powder Coating that is of much lower quality.. and also a different color. PVD is generally straight black.. where as DLC treatments will acheive the gunmetal color of my PIC.

Secondly.. a while ago HONT had a special going for this watch but I'm positive it was only for a couple of weeks while he was trying to clear stock. The price he'll quote you will probably be closer to $310 or $330 now... but you can email and ask.

Good luck!

Yes, i will ask him.

Thanks for information :thumbsupsmileyanim:

man i really like your watch plaifender. I just emailed Hont as well to try to get me the same watch. I of course have to wait till march 3rd before it can be done im excited. I hope to get the same version as you V2 with the dlc coating. Very nice buy.

Thanks alot Antstar. It's a great watch, I get compliments on it all the time. It's been fully serviced and should last me forever if i take good care of it. It's running silky smooth and the power reserve last for about 30 hours. Before i got it serviced it was a very short power reserve of 8 hours. The other watch that I was considering was a Top Gun V2. (another black and red themed dark colored watch). I'm glad i got this one when I did mainly for the great price. I'll might end up getting a Top Gun as well later this summer.. but who knows.. ;)

Sorry im a little new to the rep game. When u say you got it serviced where did you go how much does it cost? I dont understand how getting it serviced can make it go from 8 hrs reserve to 30 hrs.

Hey man, good to see you on the boards! :thumbsupsmileyanim: A personal friend of mine!

All mechanical movements need servicing. Mechanical auto's, hand wind auto's... [censored] besides quartz. its a bunch of springs and gears that make it work. So, like an engine, it needs to be tuned to run optimally. Our reps from China have the potential, they just havent been tuned/serviced.

Swiss watch house movements are doted on before they leave the factory. A rep being "serviced" by a watchsmith/maker, gives it that personal attention. The kind that gen Breitling Super Avenger of yours would've got before it went to the AD. :whistling:

Hi P4GTR,

So do i just go to a watchsmith at a mall and ask them if they service reps? also is there a specific term you tell them that will indicate what sort of service my rep needs?

Thanks,

Hey man, good to see you on the boards! :thumbsupsmileyanim: A personal friend of mine!

All mechanical movements need servicing. Mechanical auto's, hand wind auto's... [censored] besides quartz. its a bunch of springs and gears that make it work. So, like an engine, it needs to be tuned to run optimally. Our reps from China have the potential, they just havent been tuned/serviced.

Swiss watch house movements are doted on before they leave the factory. A rep being "serviced" by a watchsmith/maker, gives it that personal attention. The kind that gen Breitling Super Avenger of yours would've got before it went to the AD. :whistling:

hey thats not fair, platinum mebers can say [censored] without the beep :rofl:

Wow your up late. So when i do get my rep Dan, do you know someone that could service it too? and what would a service run. I also linked Marvellous this thread so he knows what im asking for. So far Hont hasnt been responding but oh well.

Hi P4GTR,

So do i just go to a watchsmith at a mall and ask them if they service reps? also is there a specific term you tell them that will indicate what sort of service my rep needs?

Thanks,

P4GTR is correct. It's not necessarily true that your watch will arrive with 8 hour power reserve.. but it's a fairly common problem to have low power reserve on an unserviced watch. Watch servicing should include a complete disasembly of the movement, a cleaning of all parts, oiling and reassembly of the movement. This can vary anywhere from 50euros from a trusted local watchsmith to 400euros at an Authorized Dealer. (obviously they won't work on reps though). Depending on where you are, you could send the watch to Vacuum, or Ziggmeister if your in the U.S. or Francisco or Dominico if you're in europe.