When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Explorer II from Josh...Jumping GMT hand?

prdubis

Hi,

I was browsing Josh site, and found this watch:

http://perfect2clones.com/rlex10007-exp-ii-ss-black-swiss-eta-28362-correct-hand-stack-p-49.html

I always thought the jumping GMT hand during adjustment had never been replicated (the GMT hand was rotating all around the dial when turning CCW the crown on all the reps I've seen, and was not "jumping" from hour marker to hour marker as gen do...).

Anyone have ever bought this watch and can confirm the GMT hand is jumping when adjusting it?

Thank you!

Hi,

http://perfect2clones.com/rlex10007-exp-ii-ss-black-swiss-eta-28362-correct-hand-stack-p-49.html

I always thought the jumping GMT hand during adjustment had never been replicated (the GMT hand was rotating all around the dial when turning CCW the crown on all the reps I've seen, and was not "jumping" from hour marker to hour marker as gen do...).

Anyone have ever bought this watch and can confirm the GMT hand is jumping when adjusting it?

Thank you!

Actually this is the most common misunderstanding on Rolex GMT Master II. The GMT hand will never, ever "jump" anywhere. I don't know why people thinks it does... Rolex has never produced such movement. On calibre 3185 the GMT hand moves smoothly alongside with the hour hand, (just like in ETA wrong hand stack) when you hack the watch. But unlike with reps, the GMT hand can never be "out of sync" because it's always in sync with the 12h hour hand.

Only the hour hand is jumping in one hour increments (back and forth) when you set the timezone (in crown position 2, unhacked). The correct hand stack movement in reps mimics this perfectly, plus the reps have a quickset date. The only downside is that the system (in reps) is extremely unreliable and fragile.

Lani is correct... don't play with it... I have a 4 year old correct hand stack Explorer II but I have never touched the adjustable hour hand. That's why it still works.

Hi,

Thank you!

This PerfectClones website is a clone.... :lol:

Talking about REPS and understanding that gen Rolex are a different world :

I confirm Josh sells since 2 years Rolex reps with gmt features -GMT Master and Explorer- with INCORRECT HAND STACK, but with A JUMPING GMT HAND. This is a new mod on the ETA serie's 4th hand complication. When the crown is pulled at the second position, turning the crown clockwise set the date, turning CCW the 4th hand moves jumping by 1 hour increment.

On older versions, the 4th hand was moving smoothly

I have owned this exact same replica model and I guarantee you that it doesn't have a jumping GMT hand. It has a jumping hour hand, period.

It's a nice rep but inferior to the Noobfactory version. This particular one has a nice bezel, crown and dial but has the fundamental problem of cyclops/datewheel positioned too much on the right. Also, the hour markers are too close to the minute ticks and the whole case design is inferior.

Actually it's very simple. If you want a good ExpII replica you'll get the Noobfactory black model from bklm1234. That's the only good ExpII replica. And no, there has never been a good white version. But if you insist on having an inferior ExpII replica, you can buy anything else. Including this watch. This is a nice rep but it doesn't make any sense to buy something when there's much better version available (just imho).

Here are some of my old shots of this exact replica:

274780-2720.jpg

274780-2721.jpg

wp.jpg

I have owned this exact same replica model and I guarantee you that it doesn't have a jumping GMT hand. It has a jumping hour hand, period.

Are you answering my response ? may be I am confusing, anyway,

if my response is concerned, I assume, I have a 2836-2 in an Explorer II from Josh -classic, with the incorrect handstack- and the coupled 4th hand gear has feature who allows the gmt hand to jumps by hours increments.

I have disassembled the movement to service it, so I know what is inside and how it works : the 4th hand jumps using the same kind of device that the date change.

probably I didn't understand or read well PrDubis question :pardon: nobody is perfect

Is BK the only one to sell this Noobfactory ExplII?

Joshua sells it too. LINK.

Personally, I think the engraved version is a downgrade from the original but it's still the best one available.

I have gen crown & tube installed on mine.

5-1.jpg