When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

gen ETA 7750 25J question

cougaree

Not really that much easier TBH.

The difference is the ETA movement has been finely machined, Oiled and assembled to exact standards.

Whereas the Asian is a bit rougher and quite often have very little oil from the get go but get this serviced and it can be a workhorse no doubt.

Hope that helps a little.

Re: spooky driver:

from what I understand ( and I will be first to admit it is not much) under oiled movement will run initially better but its overall longevity will be affected (shortened); over oiled will run worst, stop sometimes etc. Neither one is good

Hi there,

Could someone tell me what the differences A7750 and ETA 7750 are? With the ETA movt, is the pushbutton easier to push in to get the chronograph started?

Thanks!

Cougaree

Besides what's mentioned above, (some of) the hand sizes are different. Which means, you cant simply swap an a7750 for an eta7750 without working the hands or replace with new hand set.

Besides what's mentioned above, (some of) the hand sizes are different. Which means, you cant simply swap an a7750 for an eta7750 without working the hands or replace with new hand set.

Hmm, never thought of that. Thanks for the tip! Maybe I should have the A7750 movt serviced instead. So far it still keeps excellent time, it's just that the date wheel doesn't automatically advance any more.

You need a new part, which one i don't know, the zigmeister and fransico probably know, i recall zigmeister once did a pictorial illustrating the problem and result to the part, however cant seem to find it.

Might not be worth the hassle nor the dollars if you cant do it yourself tho... Might aswel buy an a7750 mov and replace.