When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Good quality PVD coating on PAM001

goin6633

Hi all ,

I had been asked to do the relume job for this PAM001 , and I was surprised with the PVD coating was so great .

The owner told me he send this case set to USA to do that , and the price is not cheap , maybe you guys might intresting in that .

Here'a the link to the company , http://internationalwatchworks.com/pvd.html .

You can check the pics bellow to compare with my rep PVD case .

DSCN4658.jpg

DSCN4662.jpg

DSCN4663.jpg

DSCN4664.jpg

I think this PAM001 is much closer to Gen , real gun color as we said .

And share some pics about this good replica PAM .

DSCN4670.jpg

DSCN4671.jpg

DSCN4672.jpg

DSCN4673.jpg

DSCN4674.jpg

IMGP0732.jpg

IMGP0733.jpg

IMGP0735.jpg

Thanks for watching .

I'm confused about the PVD on PreVs. I thought the "gunmetal" finishing developed over time as original black PVD coat aged since the PreV's were made in the 90's. However I have also seen 202a's and 203a's on sale on Risti where the PVD looks really black. What did the PVD look like on the PreV's when they were new: Gunmetal or Black? Appreciate if the experts can chime in.

I'm confused about the PVD on PreVs. I thought the "gunmetal" finishing developed over time as original black PVD coat aged since the PreV's were made in the 90's. However I have also seen 202a's and 203a's on sale on Risti where the PVD looks really black. What did the PVD look like on the PreV's when they were new: Gunmetal or Black? Appreciate if the experts can chime in.

I've looked at a lot of pictures of PVD Pams. While there are generational differences (Pre-V, Pre-A, A) in the coatings, in general they all originally appeared quite dark.

Over time, however, the finish on these watches seems to patina to a gunmetal or pencil-lead gray...A bit darker than the DLC coatings shown above.

There is no factory that applies a coating that exactly matches the look of a 20 year old PVD Pam...That type of look has to be created.

+1

Gen PVD coatings do vary given that OP used different suppliers at times. Though thats another discussion.

IMO the main point here is they are both after market coatings of a different quality. With that rep one it would look better if you gave it some CC. The other is much closer to some gen models.