When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT IIC Owners

omgiv

I know that the GMT IIC has a lot of play in the bezel, but has anyone found a way to take some of that out? I moved my insert so that it was better aligned but it still gets about a minute off several times during the day. It really bugs me and I was hoping it wasn't just me. Thanks!!!!

I know that the GMT IIC has a lot of play in the bezel, but has anyone found a way to take some of that out? I moved my insert so that it was better aligned but it still gets about a minute off several times during the day. It really bugs me and I was hoping it wasn't just me. Thanks!!!!

I have owned two of these. Both had some slack in the bezel, but it was a small amount. I do not think there is a good way to fix the problem.

Odd, I was not aware the ceramic GMT had bezel problems (other than the slight misalignment). The bezels on the 2 I have handled (including my CHS from the initial run) are both quite snug, no abnormal play at all. Unfortunately, since I have never removed these bezels, I do not know what would cause them to become loose (or what is required to tighten a loose 1). I think Lani has some experience r&r'ing the bezels, so maybe he will have an answer.

I think that I managed to get mine working much better. Watching Freddy's video made me realize mine was too loose. Thanks again for the video. That helped tremendously. I took my bezel off again today and took some pictures of the parts underneath. There are basically four parts: the bezel, retaining spring, click spring, and bezel washer. The click spring has three bulges with pins on top. The pins fit inside of the bezel and the bulges fit into the indentations on the case. What I did that seemed to have the best result was I pushed the three clicks more towards the center of the spring to make it fit more tightly against the case. There is a good bit of play in the holes that are in the bezel and the pins in the spring, so I think there was enough movement to make it fit more tightly. I would advise anyone to be careful in putting the click spring back into the bezel. I think that the pins are either soldered or glued on and I could see one snapping off. Anyway, I just thought that I would share what worked for me. Thanks to all of those that offered their help. I appreciate it!!!!!!!

b586041d-1.jpg

f3ac9317.jpg