When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best ti out the box

jdkno

I know this is along the lines of the best sub and I apologise. I have searched and read as much as I could. I come to an answer then stumble onto another post that contradicts everything else and puts me back at square one. So rather than which is best maybe I could just get a general feeling for the top 2 or 3 then do the research from there to come to my own conclusion.

i'd hunt down some old skool case models...

i have the old skool 036 and old skool 172...both are NOT DSN...and are really great pieces...but both need reluming and some minor tweaks to make them better...

the 036's lever pin is installed upsides down (small end is facing up)...so it will need a simply pin fix...

both old skool pieces have blue tinted AR on the inside of the crystal...another simple fix - it comes off easily with staninless steel polish/creme...

my 2 cents...

**** not sure these meet the out of box reference - but i think these are the best pieces to get and mod...superlume is only gen-like when it's done by a lumer and not the factories...IMO...

R-

Is this case a decent starting point for anything?

http://www.siswatch727.com/index.do

I would prefer a ti Pam with date I guess the 091 would be the logical choice but it seems there are some pretty obvious flaws on the dial i.e. lume markers and the distance between the sticks and the lume markers. If I could get closer with a no date I guess I would rather accuracy over a date window.