When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Regulating this movement

mjmj

Can you please tell me how to regulate the movement shown in the image below? I have looked through RWG and have not found one similar to this one. The movement is running about 1 min slow every 3-4 days.

Thanks for your help

Cheers MJ

dsc07168j.jpg

Looking at how close the indexs are it would not surprise me that the beat was out also, if you have a local watch smith with vibrograph or similar he should not charge much for a quick look at how it is running and regulation, Gioarmany has done a couple of tutorials on regulation and the theory is the same for just about every movement, but i recommend

a. live with it

b. get it checked out and regulated by a watch smith

c. learn a bit on some cheep watches and then and only then work on your best ones.

Did you tried lay your watches on diferent sides (side - crown down, side - crown up, glass down/up) during the night? I had simmilar problem with my watch and this siple thing helped me a lot ( when I wear my watch they go faster and when I lay them down they go slightly slow, this way it seems that they get about + 5-10 sec per day.

btw. Can you show us your watch from front side?

• 1 month later...

im surprised that nobody has wqrriten a through FAQ in regulating different movements.

I have two 7750's that I need to regulate.

I googled and ended up on a RWI post that said move the thin long regulation bit clockwise to make it faster and counter-clockwise to make it slower. And that does make sense a lil, but my experiences with both my watches is that the opposite is true.

I'm gaining 1 min every 24 hours for both.

why is self regulating risky?

Isn't it a simple case of pulling the crown out to stop the spinning bit from getting caught by the toothpick, and moving the regulater to the appropriate direction by a hair.

im surprised that nobody has wqrriten a through FAQ in regulating different movements.

I have two 7750's that I need to regulate.

I googled and ended up on a RWI post that said move the thin long regulation bit clockwise to make it faster and counter-clockwise to make it slower. And that does make sense a lil, but my experiences with both my watches is that the opposite is true.

I'm gaining 1 min every 24 hours for both.

why is self regulating risky?

Isn't it a simple case of pulling the crown out to stop the spinning bit from getting caught by the toothpick, and moving the regulater to the appropriate direction by a hair.

:good:

brave man you are