When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Grey dial Breitling Seawolf

Mickey Padge

Well I loved my yellow dial Seawolf, brilliant watch, built like a tank! You can see the details here:

But after a while that selfsame yellow dial began to infuriate me, it lost its allure. So I sourced a grey dial and popped the watch to our resident expert Domi in Germany, here are the results! (Thanks Domi!)

Keep clicking to expand:

dsc03177j.th.jpgdsc03169.th.jpgdsc03171o.th.jpg

dsc03167s.th.jpgdsc03172b.th.jpgdsc03174sl.th.jpgdsc03177j.th.jpg

dsc03166m.jpg

Looking good with a genuine black Breitling calf strap! The lume is really nice on this dial, the 6, 9 and 12 markers are smooth and even, among the best rep dials I have seen (Thanks Tony!). I don't really miss the yellow dial, I think it was the lure of the accurate lume markers that swayed me in the first place to the yellow version, but now this grey dial has saved the day! :D

Comments and observations welcome! B)

Thanks coolfire! B)

The Yellow Submarine was good for a time, but compared to this dial the lume on the 9 marker was quite rough, I am in "happy bunny" mode now. I have the better lumed newer rep Seawold dial, paired with the older movement/date font :D

Anyone else notice that the new Seawolf reps may have the wrong date font, but the lume application seems much better, maybe it's just me?

That's a great quality rep. You can see it from small details like the pearl.

I wonder if the gen Colt, Seawolf and Steelfish all use the same case (maybe with small modifications)?

thanks, Mick!...i was thinking the same...Seawolf looks lighter - but pix can be deceiving...

I am pretty sure the Seawolf is a lighter grey, and maybe more accurate too because of that?

Check out these grey Skyland shots, they could easily be mistaken for black a dial version....

79845979eu1.th.jpg

10al7.jpg

I miss that watch now :mellow:

That's a great quality rep. You can see it from small details like the pearl.

I wonder if the gen Colt, Seawolf and Steelfish all use the same case (maybe with small modifications)?

The Seawolf case looks and feels very similar to the Skyland to me, wears about the same too. The SFSO is really quite different, thinner and sleeker :)

Ammandel, just get a rep steel deployant buckle and a gen 22mm leather deployant strap off ebay.de

I have a blue Breitling Evo rep on a gen blue calf deployant strap and rep buckle, works a treat! Just like the picture of my old Skyland a few posts above, gen Breitling croc strap, with rep buckle :D

Deniz21 you can still buy the Seawolf, but the old version with nickel plated movement and correct Breitling style date font are really hard to find now. It seems the latest version from the dealers has a gold plated movement and stock ETA date font, which is obviously not as desirable.....

You can pick up the old version from member sales of course, or if you are lucky, maybe a dealer will find one for you upon request? B)

Cheers! :)

Shame the yellow dial din't do it for you, I have not worn any other watch since I got mine early December. Picked up a sterile ocean racer strap a few weeks ago, sits well on the rubber.