When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Californication - Art-Deco-style

donerix

I have tried myself on a Cali project before and tore it apart again because I just didn't like it - at all.

Then I picked up this Art-Deco movement and put it aside until I found a Cali dial with white lume.

Today I got the movement back from service and couldn't wait any longer.

CaliN-6.jpg

I borrowed a 3646 case with from another dormant project, rummaged through my strap collection for that only Nato-style strap I have (Wotancraft nylon - thanks again Joe) and stuck it all together.

By the time it was all done the sun had disappeared but I just had to take a few shots - so please excuse the grainy pics ( no flash, just 400 ISO).

CaliN-1.jpg

CaliN-2.jpg

CaliN-3.jpg

CaliN-5.jpg

CaliN-7.jpg

It wears actually quite comfortable on the nylon:

CaliN-Wristy1.jpg

But I am gonna make a nice vintage strap for it in the next days:

CaliN-wristy2.jpg

Last, but not least: The lime shot:

CaliN-lume.jpg

I have the real case ready soon and the movement ring is also ready to go - thanks to Nightwatch, so this should be ready to wear for my trip to Europe in April - "Last exit Erfurt" ...

I hope you enjoyed it...

That is so f**king nice!

Plus love the bridge plates on the Rodana movement! Something really different! Good vision ont his project D!

Have you ever though about putting a display case back on this puppy? Because the art deco movement should be displayed!

Since the consensus was that this movement should be shown I sat down this morning and installed the movement holder with screws and mounted a display caseback.

As always you guys were right :)

CaliN-movement.jpg

CaliN-Display.jpg

But now I think I have to go for a two-piece strap so that I can actually see it ...

Hanging with the rest of the family:

CaliN-group1.jpg

CaliN-group2.jpg