When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Rolex 1016

crockey

Just got this back from The Zigmeister, and I think it turned out great. Specs are:

MBK case

Yuki gilt dial and modded MBK hands, vintage lume by The Zigmeister

Gen crown and Tube

Unfortunately, The Zigmeister could not get the Clark crystal to fit the case

Drilled lugs

Rounded case edges

Special thanks to The Zigmeister. He did an amazing job, and I could not be happier! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Enough talk, on to the pics.......

DSC_0087-2.jpg

DSC_0085-2.jpg

DSC_0088-2.jpg

Really great job, especially on the weathering. The depth, texture, and color of the lume is amazing, but I guess that's to be expected!

Shame about the Tropic 22, though. If it's too big, you might want to give an aftermarket T19 a try for a taller crystal. The trick is finding one with the same profile as an old T22. I haven't, so far, but there are one or two sold on Ofrei that come close.

Which one of these would you recommend? http://www.ofrei.com/page419.html

I've yet to fit them, but I ordered the Sternkreuz T19 and the PA 462-66. The SK crystal looks to be a better bet, but -in hindsight- I wish I'd ordered the 462-67 as well. Both look to be closer matches to the T22 than the Clark 'Vintage T19' that I currently have fitted to my rep. The Clark is a nice and deep dome, but lacks an edge on the circumference.

I'm currently on a business trip, but when I get home in a few days I can post a few macros for comparison.