When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WTF! No Friday Wristies? Here's a value wristie

Justasgood

@Justasgood: A decent no-date Sub rep. Where did that dial came from? Looks suspiciously good. :D

By-Tor,

I have no idea where this rep came from. I picked it up from a member here for $60.00.

Asian 21J keeping +7secs over the last 2 days.

The dial print does look pretty good.

The dial print does look pretty good.

Yeah that's what I was wondering.

How about a good franken: Put gen dial into Noobmariner case, drill the lugs, polish the rehaut, change crown, install a non-SEL bracelet and remove the cylops (or swap the crystal): Very good modern no-date Submariner. At least it's possible. :)

I'm actually surprised that no one has ever attempted to build one.

The reason why Noobmariner case would be ideal is that gen no-date version has shallower rehaut than 16610.

How about a good franken: Put gen dial into Noobmariner case, drill the lugs, polish the rehaut, change crown, install a non-SEL bracelet and remove the cylops (or swap the crystal): Very good modern no-date Submariner. At least it's possible. :)

I'm actually surprised that no one has ever attempted to build one.

The reason why Noobmariner case would be ideal is that gen no-date version has shallower rehaut than 16610.

I wanted to build one, but dial, crystal, and bezel are smaller in diameter then the 16610. Crystal is 28.6mm (if I remember correctly). Dial is under 27mm. I'll have to measure, I have one in the drawer. It might look odd in the sub case.

I wanted to build one, but dial, crystal, and bezel are smaller in diameter then the 16610. Crystal is 28.6mm (if I remember correctly). Dial is under 27mm. I'll have to measure, I have one in the drawer. It might look odd in the sub case.

Ah.

Wasn't aware of this.

You learn something new every day.