When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New build completed - PAM 232 (cartel/DSN hybrid)

burnz

decided i needed a base radiomir to add to my base PAM collection, and got smitten by the 232. did a bunch of research and found that a cartel 232 modded with DSN upgraded dial and hands was the way to go.

fast forward to 2 weeks later, plus some quick work by Spin to do the transplant and wala!! the so-called ultimate modded 232 is now complete :victory:

i must say the end result is as awesome as what other geeks said it to be. and this is probably one of the best value modded PAMs i've done in recent times. for those interested on a similar build, all is you need is:

- Andrew/Trusty PAM 232 rep - $200

- DSN upgraded dial + hands set - $80

- OEM JV strap - $$$ : :whistling:

- plus some spare change for your watchsmith to do the dial/hands transplant and flush/polish CP mod if your hands are as clumsy as mine

guess this is getting a good amount of wrist time in the coming week. no better way to beat the monday blues :thumbsupsmileyanim:

PAM232-1.jpg

PAM232-2.jpg

PAM232-3.jpg

PAM232-4.jpg

PAM232-5.jpg

thanks guys!

as per the cartel website specs, the crystal is listed as synthetic sapphire with AR.

i must say it looks very good in person. the AR does not have any blu-ish tinge, and really brings out the tobacco color of the dial very nicely!

burnz...mate I love it!!!!

I've also read that it's not as easy & need some mods.....

So the cartel case is SAPHIRE with AR or MINERAL CRYSTAL??

I want one of these bad boys !!!!!

Cheers mate. :drinks:

actually, there's no major modding required.

the DSN dial + hands is a direct transplant onto the cartel watch.

only mod done here is the cannon pin mod, to make it flush and polished.

oh, did i mention that the cartel 232 comes installed with high H3 CP from the factory? :whistling:

looks way nicer with the JV strap on bro...

hehe.. bro, JV makes just about any PAM look nice ;)

Very Nice watch, some time ago I thinking to do the same Pam 232 cartel with dial DSN

A question the cartel comes with mineral cristal, I think it was sapphire ¿ why don´t install cristal sapphire DSN in it ? it is possible ?

The combo is great :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I've done this build as well. A few comments:

- The crystal is excellent. I would not bother with sapphire. The AR is very good.

- The crown tube is a little too long. I'm working to reduce it.

- The font is too white. I'm trying to get it cream per gen.

Other than that the 232 hybrid is perfect. The JV is absolutely the right strap for it.

burnz,

What buckle are you using? I'm using the 27/20 JV and finding a good 20mm buckle was hard. I had to mod the one I bought.

@txcollector, the JV i'm using is 26/26... so buckle isn't a problem here

so you went with the Fiddy JV. I found the Rad JV and the buckle as a pain. For the tang buckles the tongue is too fat for the strap and for obvious reasons I didn't want to damage it. I ended up having to machine one to fit.

• 2 weeks later...