When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob bracelet and the WM9v1

highoeyazmuhudee

has anyone tried a noob bracelet on a wm9 watch? I tried one for size on the v1, and while the end link and lug meeting point were awesomely air tight the end link was simply not long enough to meet up with the case and left a gap between the case serial no. and the end link. is this only on the v1's ? I remember hearing the V1 size was a little bit larger, but I dont think a 1mm gap is due to the case size. could someone measure there end link dimensions for me? v1,2, or 3. I can only find my noob bracelet and dont wanna have to wear this piece on a NATO. Also tried another bracelet modern TW(?) same problem but LESS of a gap by .5mm, bad lug gap though.

anyone tried a gen bracelet on the PT wm9v1? or 1:1 aftermarket not from the famous rep factories?

has anyone tried a noob bracelet on a wm9 watch? I tried one for size on the v1, and while the end link and lug meeting point were awesomely air tight the end link was simply not long enough to meet up with the case and left a gap between the case serial no. and the end link.

You must have received a lemon.

My v1 SELs were the absolute BEST I've ever seen on a Rolex replica, before or after.

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

Actually I wish I had kept the watch for the SELs only.

I have v1 SELs installed on my v2. They're excellent but not as perfectly recessed as on my v1. I guess it's bit luck of a draw and QC combined here... tolerances & luck.

small.jpg

Quick and dirty scan cause i didnt wanna bust out the SLR

with noob bracelet in place, the inside might need sanding to fit properly(?)

caliper measures: wm9V1 inside lugs width 20.4mm length from most north to most south point 7.55mm, middle point length to lug south tip 5.6mm

in pics the cyclops looks fine over the mag but in person with 3d stereoscopic vision it looks like the mag right aligns slightly.

might just be an illusion because when I close one eye it looks perfect.

arrgh this watch has another problem, the second hand comes into contact with the minute hand and sticks.

post-10838-126801823917_thumb.jpg

Ah, I read your initial post sloppily and thought that WM9 v1 bracelet had that problem.

Not only it's too short, the SELs are also way too rounded. It looks terrible.

What happened to the original WM9 bracelet? That's the best one... why aren't you using that? :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

wm9V2/3 endlinks dont fit wm9v1 case properly either. only option is to find a wm9v1 bracelet or endlinks, or go NATO. (nope)

*sigh*

there's always something

my current wm9v2/3 bracelet endlinks measure 8mm long by 20.29mm wide and they fit too loose.

could someone be so kind as to measure v1 endlinks for me, or know off hand?

i solved this problem for those who may in the future be in the same situation i'll explain it.

the problem wasnt with the bracelet end link dimensions as previously thought, staring at the problem seriously for a little bit made me realize the position of the drilled spring bar holes on the interior of the lugs was too far forward (China, TW QC) . without installing a spring bar the lugs fit fine, once installed there were gaps in the front between the case and the lugs. Solution bend some spring bars into a slight 'U' shape, more like a preachers curl bar to allow the link to go forward but still lock in the holes. some crappy spring bars split in half when i tried to bend them, but luckily I had some high quality spring bars from my OMEGA AD that I paid a total of $1.50 for after taxes from their student intern guessing their value, very good quality. I bent them with some force, never snapped or showed fatigue. Happy to report bracelet now fits 95% properly, the lugs still look like they over step the sides of the end link a little too much or dont follow the contour perfectly, hopefully I can keep my OCD neurosis in check.

could be. not sure if im up to the task of that tho. i would also have to fill the existing ones since they'd be too close to the redrill. I already bent the spring bars and it works very well, so I think im going to leave it alone. only problem is the v1 case is thicker so normal sized end links have a step down from the lugs on the side. not a big deal but obviously not perfect. so those v1 endlinks everyone loves SO MUCH because of their fit is because of the v1 being a slightly bigger case which corresponds with slightly bigger endlinks , i.e a tighter fit on normal sized smaller cases.

wm9V2/3 endlinks dont fit wm9v1 case properly either. only option is to find a wm9v1 bracelet or endlinks, or go NATO. (nope)

*sigh*

there's always something

my current wm9v2/3 bracelet endlinks measure 8mm long by 20.29mm wide and they fit too loose.

could someone be so kind as to measure v1 endlinks for me, or know off hand?

My V3 bracelet (endlinks!) fits PERFECT on my V1 WM9 sub BUT as By Tor says the V1 endlinks is absolutely the best endlinks made and spot on with the genuine one (almost anyway!)

But I use the V1 braclet ( with solid middlelinks that feels a lot better than the sloppy hollow midlinks!) and a V3 clasp and love it :thumbsupsmileyanim: