When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai 201A back from The Zigmeister

bwhitesox

So after quite a while collecting all of the best parts I could get my hands on my 201a finally returns from Canada looking absolutely spectacular.

I decided to use a Davidsen case for my build as the choice of good PreV cases is pretty limited and I knew all of the parts would fit on this one.

The motor is an old school Swiss 6497 which I would like to thank Spinmaster for procuring.

P1020232.jpg

Next I managed to get hold of one of Jacobs new 201a casebacks with individual serial numbers from another fine member Palani who did not need this.

Thanks D you are one of the best members I have had the pleasure to deal with.

Here is a photo next to Davidsens standard caseback - Davidsens on the right obviously.

P1020233.jpg

The dial was again provided by spinmaster and with the hands has been relumed by the Zigmeister.

I decided to go for the slight tritium hands as most people tend to go for the non matching hands which are actually rarer in the real world.

P1020235.jpg

Crown is a T48 and the lovely crownguard is a Little hero which in my opinion is the best rep PreV crownguard short of a V which are very hard to come by these days.

The pin has been ever so slightly recessed which I could not capture in the photos.

P1020239.jpg

P1020237.jpg

I also have the OEM PreV strap bars that I am going to put on but I have a dilema over which strap looks the best and need some advice.

The first strap is a Micah strap;

P1020240.jpg

The second strap is a Giovanni Figlio;

P1020241.jpg

Third one of my favourite Simonas;

P1020242.jpg

And last not sure who makes this strap but it is pretty nice;

P1020243.jpg

P1020244.jpg

Gorgeous. Love that piece of meat guarding the crown! ;)Great straps too... Which Micah is that?

I think the Micah is the brindle from memory but I have had it for a while.

Have tried them all on and I'm going with the Black GEF for now, The other straps will be mounted once these new Pams get released from the Big Bang maker ( Can't wait ).

WOW! Super nice job D!!! :clapping:

I like the last strap because of the logo and beautiful patina...

I think you should try a Dirk, especially if you can find an old one with the Logo buckle... If not, the Naturale starts out whiute and ages perfectly over time.

No matter what you put it on, wear it well! :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: