When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO Hornback strap

I have just picked up a new black themes and am looking for some new racing boots. Does anyone know where to find a similar strap to the one in the pic? I have looked at APbands and a couple others and they seem to have a darker version. Any ideas on where to get a gen or one very close would be helpful. I am also need clasp and conversion kit as well.

Thanks

post-27533-126826917956_thumb.jpg

I would go both roads:

1) get a strap incl. the conversion-kit and a deployant from one of our dealers....go for rubber (98$ shipped)

2) look at APBands site cause they have wonderful quality that fits fine to the watches, they also will do custom jobs and you can choose from different styles and several colors.

I have a HKTan strap myself....but honestly; the fit to the case is not that prefect and I nearly screwd the strap while fiddeling it with the screws to the case. On the other hand his price for a real hornback is unbeatable.

Theo

I replied to The Donator on Repgeek w/photos of my MBW Safari. I have heard that MBW straps will not fit a cartel AP ROO. If not, why? the spacing for the end links is exactly the same - are the end links different?

While I concur on the subject of APBands' quality and fit ( I have 2 ApBands) - they do not make an exact copy of the Safari strap. The Safari (has to be my all time favorite ROO) has a very distinct hornback strap with a single ridged scale that reaches almost from the lugs to halfway around the circumference the wrist. The gen Safari strap is not friendly to smaller wrists (less than 7.2 inches I guess) APbands straps feature two smaller less dominant and more pliable ridged scales a configuration that is more comfortable for a smaller wrist.

The MBW/MBK Hornback strap is visually very close to gen - the prime difference being the painted edges as opposed to the wrapped edges of the ApBands or gen. I do not own an HKTan strap but have seen one on an AP and several Cartier Santos.

MBK Safari strap:

864349c4.jpg

Cartel Safari on Honey ApBands strap:

new_sa.jpg

MBW strap:

safari_lens-1.jpg

By the way - I could not remove the strap from my MBW however - it appears that the plots or endlinks on the Cartel watches have a lightly different silhouette than do those on the cartel watches. The cutouts on the straps themselves (APb, MBW and Cartel) have the same dimensions and shape and are the same distance from the strap ends as the Cartel and APbands straps.

So one could use an MBW strap with the correct cartel conversion plots.

• 2 weeks later...