When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate 6263 Case

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

So what do you Vintage Daytona experts think? Which way should one go to have an ultimate 6263? I feel the need for another project :)

DW? Jewelryandwatch? Other option? You think they both would accept gen dial (if I manage to find one I can afford :) )?

Thanks in advance!

Ive got a DW 6265 case and it's very very nice. I would recommend it for sure. It has the paul Newman tropical dial and the v23 based mystery movement and it's been serviced. Runs great and has for about a year now. All I need now are the proper end links so I can get my bracelet to fit properly.

It's a beautiful watch and if it Was bigger at 40mm then I might actually wear it right now it's just an addition to my vintage collection and is rarely worn.

Guest Sql_pl

Yeah I've exchanged emails with different dealers.

Jewelryandwatch case set is $1450.

Set from Yuki is much cheaper at $750

As I am not an expert when it comes to vintage daytonas I am not sure how they compare but from pics alone I don't think it is worth spending double Yuiki worth to get J&W, what do you guys say?

The parts containing these errors do not belong to DW. They are essentially off-the-shelf rep parts that he (& others) includes with his watches/kits. Some of my kits contained these parts (which I replaced with parts from other or gen sources) & some did not. When you order a rep watch/kit, you get whatever parts were available at the time. Like all aftermarket parts, QC is negligible (at best) & you should keep this in mind when ordering.

• 1 month later...
DW made his name here some years ago by being the 1st to make accurate vintage 62xx Daytona cases & franken watches available for sale. There are many threads dedicated to DW, his wares & those here who have detailed their experiences constructing Daytonas based on DW case kits. While accurate, DWs are not without their warts & problems. They provide a skilled watchmaker with the materials to construct a very credible vintage 62xx Daytona, but they have also caused many no end of frustration & grief. For this reason, I would strongly recommend that you spend time reading about DW (use the Search at the top of the page) before getting too excited.