When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6542 dial to go with with 28XX movement

mastergod

Hi,

Searched RWG but couldn´t find an answer. However I´m sure many of you know wether it´s possible to source a 6542 dial (gen/aftermarket/rep) that fits eta 28xx movt?

I suppose not, but hope it does...

Thanks! MG

Edited by mastergod

The dial feet won't fit, but as is typically the case, you can remove the dial feet and glue the dial to the top ring of the movement and in turn glue the top ring to the movement. You'll need a datewheel overlay also. Best bet would be a 2836-2 with the GMT hand. And the 2836-2 will need to fit the case you're using- esp in regards to stem alignment.

Searched RWG but couldn´t find an answer. However I´m sure many of you know wether it´s possible to source a 6542 dial (gen/aftermarket/rep) that fits eta 28xx movt?

I have not seen anyone selling 6542 dials made for ETA movements. I had an ETA dial blank custom printed with a 6542 dial face by MY.

maybe this helps:

comes without feet...

or go big:

Neither of those dials will fit an ETA because they are made to friction-fit onto a Rolex 1030, which differs from the ETA. The perimeter of the dial is bent downward at a right angle with the dial face. This flange then friction-fits around the edge of the pillar plate, which is what holds the dial onto the movement

324457152_o.jpg

I suppose you could grind the flange off so the dial plate is flat & then cement it onto the movement, but you risk damaging the face.