When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex GMT IIc Ceramic Crystal number

panerai153

I need some help from some of you folks who have modded the Rolex 116710 Ceramic. Namely replacing the rep crystal with a genuine.

Here is my dilemma. I bought a crystal from a watchmaker who told me in emails that he had the correct genuine crystal, which I was under the impression had this reference number: B25-295-CAR-C1. I wrote that number on every piece of correspondence we exchanged, including the Paypal payment form.

Well, the crystal arrived today. I don't believe that it is correct, however I am hesitant to take it out of the package which is sealed. I don't want him claiming I swapped crystals and tried to get my money back.It doesn't appear to be AR coated, however it's difficult to tell inside the plastic packaging. First clue when I unwrapped the package, the crystal was in a plastic bag, looks like from Rolex,but who knows. Packaging can be faked pretty easily I'm sure. I remember seeing one posted on the forum a week or two back, and it came in a square plastic "blister pack" of harder plastic. Also this crystal reference number is 25/295/C/ and below that is *AT-04

Thanks in advance guys, I don't want to go off half cocked, but this crystal wasn't cheap and if it isn't the proper one I have no use for it

@By-Tor

I know, I should have been more accurate in my post. From what I can see, there is a whole lot of light reflecting off the cyclops. No matter how you turn it it seems to reflect about the same as the rest of the crystal. This isn't 100% accurate though, because it's still inside the clear plastic package.

Main thing I need to know is the corect crystal # for the ceramic ( which I 'm pretty sure I have from the post about crystal replacments a couple of weeks ago). Also what the crystal I have here fits. The number 25/295/C

*AT-04

This crystal may be for a GMTII, but not the Ceramic.

Thanks

Freddy,

Thanks very much. I was certain that was the correct reference number, from your post a couple of weeks back. I sent that reference number to the seller and he responded that he had the crystal in stock. unfortunately, the one he sent wasn't that one. I did get an email back from him today, and he told me that the one he sent was the correct reference according to his charts, but he may be looking at the previous GMT Master II 16710.

The seller was very helpful and told me that he would search for the correct crystal, and in the meantime send this one back, so hopefully it will work out that he can find one, otherwise, I suppose I will just live with what I have.

Thanks again

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I would like to swap my crystal, because the crystal of my Sub-C V5 from Noob/BK is really a nightmare

(See attached photo, compared with my gen Rolex Submariner)

Now I need the spare part number of the crystal. Can someone help me with this information. Is 25-295-CAR-C1 the right reference number? Has somebody ever performed this mod on a V5 and could share some photos?

I live in Europe, perhaps somebody can recommend a trustworthy watchmaker, who can do this mod for me?

Noob-V5-versus-Gen.jpg