When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sub from Joshua

heiwaz

Yes, that's a decent Sub. Doesn't compare to WM9 but it's ok, that rep has good old "Noobmariner" case. See my section for a review. However it has the rehaut engraving which isn't very accurate. The watch is quite pricey too.

You can find the Noobmariners with Asian movement for around $100. Joshua is a trusted good dealer... so not a bad choice if you want to pay extra for the Rolex-type movement.

Good luck!

Personally, I'd stay away from the eta clone Rolex type movement, why pay extra for a questionable movement?

You can always try for the purported 'swiss' eta for less

http://www.perfect-hour.com/rlss01005-black-dial-50th-anni-2008-update-swiss-p-5007.html

or you could just go for the asian eta clone-rlss01006- $188

or you could go for the asian 2813 (ain't nothing eta about it!)- rlss10010- $108- this is what we loosely refer to as the original noob (2nd generation).

stay away from the rlss10003- wrong cyclops/date window position, and the case isn't too good either.

I agree with Alligoat. Stay away from that movement. You're paying way too much for something that is of questionable reliability and you'll never see anyway. Plus the $108 Noobmariner is a better rep. If you want to spend more and get the best contact BK in his section here and order the WM9 version from him. It's far and away one of the best reps you can buy.

Beginmariner

http://www.perfect-hour.com/rlss01005-black-dial-50th-anni-2008-update-swiss-p-5007.html

or you could go for the asian 2813 (ain't nothing eta about it!)- rlss10010- $108-

So, these 3 model are exteriorly the same, only difference in movement?, or there are big exterior difference between them?

I want to buy a rep that look like the gen exteriorly, which of these 3 models do you recomend me?

Yes, the watches are the same on the exterior, so the only question is which movement do you want? You have to decide. If you're like a lot of people, you might just go for the $108 beginmariner and then in a few months maybe buy another watch. At that point you'll have a better idea of what you want to do. Once you find the watch you really want, I would go for the Swiss movement, it'll hold up better over the long run and can be serviced. The other two aren't as servicable.

You can install a gen crown and tube in any Sub rep. Installing a gen bezel insert in a noob sub is more work- you have to file down the OD some and also the backside and not worth it IMO. Install a better watchmaterial pearl in the original insert and leave it at that. Here's a washed out pic of my 4 year old noob- gen crown and tube, WM pearl, a well worn insert, and shaped crown guards.

P1000210-1-1-1.jpg

It was a good WR beater till it was replaced by a Euromariner

Why some of this reps has engraved ROLEXROLEX.. at rehaut? is an update in new gen models?

If I buy some of this joshua rep, has anyone who likes watchs (no a watchmaker) differentiate of an original rolex without open it?

Edited by heiwaz

The ROLEXROLEX engraving appeared in 2008. The engraving on reps isn't the greatest. But for someone to look at your watch on your wrist and say it's a rep.... well, 99.9% of the people could care less. And how many Rolex experts do you know? The new Rolexes have the engraving, and the reps do to. It is what it is, go for it.

Personally, I'd stay away from the eta clone Rolex type movement, why pay extra for a questionable movement?

or you could go for the asian 2813 (ain't nothing eta about it!)- rlss10010- $108- this is what we loosely refer to as the original noob (2nd generation).

stay away from the rlss10003- wrong cyclops/date window position, and the case isn't too good either.

alligoat, this is very useful, thanks! One question, how do you tell the rlss10003's case isn't good? I can only tell the cyclops is a bit far right.

I'm still learning to spot good stuff :)

how do you tell the rlss10003's case isn't good? I can only tell the cyclops is a bit far right.

I guess you just answered your own question. All Rolex replicas that have wrong cyclops position also have other glaring flaws.

Basically there are only 2 16610 reps worth buying: A cheap Noobmariner or "near-perfect" WM9.

I simply don't get it... it can't be simpler than that. Why waste time (and especially money) with the sub-par ones? It's not even worth browsing around... just take my word for it.