When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Skyland Blacksteel

P4GTR

A few pics/comments on my latest.

I love my graphite V3 skyland and a chance to pick this up came along so I went with it. Rotor was a little noisy, I fixed that. It appears to be running a tad bit slow, and the minute counter at 12 counting in 2 min incriments instead of one. Thats 2 for 2, both 7750's I own arrived with problems. I bought in with the expectation that they would need full servicing, so I am not too concerned. I will adjust the regulator to see about getting better accuracy out of it.

Its a very nice watch. I prefer bracelets, but since I already own a regular Skyland I'm covered.

IMG_3494.jpg

IMG_3511.jpg

The coating seems very well done. On an indistinct inside corner of the straps buckle, I tried scratching it with a pin and it held up well. The finish and texture is excellent.

IMG_3514.jpg

Dial texture is nicely done

IMG_3512.jpg

The case threads don't appear to have any damage from the caseback. More testimate to the coating strength.

IMG_3505.jpg

IMG_3500.jpg

IMG_3499.jpg

BS1.jpg

Skyland Blacksteel. Different for me, and I like it!

IMG_3508.jpg

Actually I considered the blacksteel version myself but decided that I prefer the standard one. But I actually prefer this one over the standard version with a strap. This is very sporty and I can totally understand the attraction. But it's the bracelet that does it for me, I'm a bracelet guy.

But then again this definitely a great replication and a great addition to any Breitling collection. Your pictures captured the coating perfectly. :good:

Looks really good. Are there genuine dials around for these and do you know if the crystal is removable to get coated.

Seeing as how this is a limited edition watch.. I doubt you would ever be able to source a genuine dial. I've heard from The Zigmeister that the bezels on these watches and other breitlings are very hard to remove without damaging them. If you can remove the bezel without damage.. you could get to the crystal and push it out with a press.. I'm pretty psitive that lani sent his crystal off to Chief for AR, so obviously he was able to get the bezel off somehow...

nice review...well done!... :drinks:

these are very cool watches...

I had the BS on the infamous hktan red/black strap - but found it a bit "too much"...I actually prefer it on the black rubber as it tones it down a little bit and reflects the character of the watch best, IMO...

Alas, I sold mine to fund a gen dial v1 ti Seawolf...but I'm still very much interested in getting another... :whistling:

Actually I considered the blacksteel version myself but decided that I prefer the standard one. But I actually prefer this one over the standard version with a strap. This is very sporty and I can totally understand the attraction. But it's the bracelet that does it for me, I'm a bracelet guy.

But then again this definitely a great replication and a great addition to any Breitling collection. Your pictures captured the coating perfectly. :good:

We have very similar taste, so i'm not surprised to be agreeing with you as usual. :) I too prefer bracelets, as well as the normal SS Skyland by a large margin. It's my favorite watch afterall. The rubber strap on the SS Skyland didn't do it for me, I always wound up putting the bracelet back on within a day or two.

The blacksteel is like an evil alter ego of my favorite watch. Its very fun to wear.

I need some pics taken D. Is it a coincidence or did you purposely hide the infamous 3 o'clock lume. lol. Im glad you like it. On a side note Hont replied so the black steel super avenger will be here next week!!!! I really like how you put that alter ego part. I guess thats why i ordered one too.

I need some pics taken D. Is it a coincidence or did you purposely hide the infamous 3 o'clock lume. lol. Im glad you like it. On a side note Hont replied so the black steel super avenger will be here next week!!!! I really like how you put that alter ego part. I guess thats why i ordered one too.

We will do some pic taking, lets try to get together in the next week or so.

Ah, I wasn't exactly hiding the 3 o' clock lume from hell, but I certainly wasnt trying to magnify it under a lens either lol.

When we do your gen's, I suppose we wont have to worry about that, eh? :)