When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Perfect 2009 blue Steelfish on Breitlingsource

By-Tor

If someone's looking for a gen blue Fish, the deal can't get much better than this:

http://www.breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17806

Blue dial Fish is pretty rare so I posted this if someone might want to join the club. I would have bought it if I already didn't have one. This is 2009 version with the arrow seconds hand... pretty damn nice to my eye. :)

PS: I have no idea about the seller, this was just something I ran across.

001.jpg

Yeah I saw that too, theres also someone selling a black one on an OR strap I pmed him and he said he would just sell me the head. Im pretty sure though my urges are just impulse. lol. If someone wants a black face im sure he would do 1k shipped for the head and papers.

When I was looking for a gen, it was really tough to find a good blue version. I find that surprising because blue is imho the best looking dial of them all... but that's me being a blue dial freak I guess. Blacks and whites are everywhere.

That's why I linked this one.

When I was looking for a gen, it was really tough to find a good blue version. I find that surprising because blue is imho the best looking dial of them all... but that's me being a blue dial freak I guess. Blacks and whites are everywhere.

That's why I linked this one.

Really? The AD's are flood with blue in my area. Silver faces are easy to come by as well, black faces...forget it. I have seen maybe 2 since the SteelFish hit the market when it was the X-Plus.

$1600 is a good price for a year old Fishy.

I meant the blue ones are difficult to find for sale preowned in the WUS/TZ sales forums. I see lots of blacks and silvers. Most are black as it's apparently the most popular dial color.

That's probably where all the blues are... on the AD stands. :D

The black is probably the least appealing color (for me). Don't get me wrong, it's amazing too... Fish is always amazing, but blue is very unique blue... and silver is just absolutely stunning. Black is classic of course but it's the least "unique" to me.

Still, very few watches have "hit" me like the gen blue Fish. Not all Breitling blue dials are as nice. For example Skyland and Super Avenger... they're not that special in blue (just imho). It's the Guillouche that does it.

The black is probably the least appealing color (for me). Don't get me wrong, it's amazing too... Fish is always amazing, but blue is very unique blue... and silver is just absolutely stunning. Black is classic of course but it's the least "unique" to me.

Still, very few watches have "hit" me like the gen blue Fish. Not all Breitling blue dials are as nice. For example Skyland and Super Avenger... they're not that special in blue (just imho). It's the Guillouche that does it.

+1...The effect the guilloche has, can not be duplicated in the reps. Stunning what a difference the gen is regarding the subtleties.

@BT -- if you get a chance sometime, can you shoot some pix of your blue gen fish in natural light outdoors...grey and/or sunny sky...your studios are stunning - but day/day lighting really alters how it looks in the wild...thx!...R

@BT -- if you get a chance sometime, can you shoot some pix of your blue gen fish in natural light outdoors...grey and/or sunny sky...your studios are stunning - but day/day lighting really alters how it looks in the wild...thx!...R

Anything for you mate...

The dial changes color a lot, depending on the lighting conditions. I doubt you can get more accurate ONE shot of the dial color than this.

1-1.jpg

If you shoot it from a different angle, it can appear more "violet" (a bit like the rep) because the AR is actually purplish blue. And from another angle the blue is very light, greyish.

RobbieG's photo:

j0l7b7.jpg

I was a bit lazy and borrowed RobbieG's famous natural light shots of the watch. Robbie is my main inspiration in photos these days... I have mastered the studio photos but Robbie is the "king of wrist shots". :D

Fish8r.jpg

Fish12r.jpg

Fish6r.jpg

Fish14r.jpg

Fish9r.jpg

Fish7r.jpg

Fish5r.jpg

Fish10r.jpg

Fish15r.jpg

Fish2.jpg

Here's another shot that I found (this is the older model with polished middle links but the dial is 100% same).

33kq7n4.jpg

BT, the only thing I would worry about "IF" I were to pull the trigger is that the guy has not been on breitling source a whole lot, so anybody who are interested, please be sure to check for references.

but yes, this is the best deal I have ever seen on a SOSF. The lowest I have seen in the past is maybe $1650+ with bracelet.

If someone's looking for a gen blue Fish, the deal can't get much better than this:

http://www.breitling...php?f=3&t=17806

Blue dial Fish is pretty rare so I posted this if someone might want to join the club. I would have bought it if I already didn't have one. This is 2009 version with the arrow seconds hand... pretty damn nice to my eye. :)

PS: I have no idea about the seller, this was just something I ran across.

001.jpg

Now at 1450$ it's a bargain...

@BT --> thanks for the shots and the post...RobbieG has inspired many of us - both with watch selection and with his strength of character...a nice reminder when you mentioned his name and of course his fantastic pix...

:drinks:

R-

Bike Mike has me pondering the black SOSF - for versatility in bracelet and strap choices...and i'm also thinking i can "survive" with my gen blue dial rep CA and my white dial rep fish...decisions, decisions.... :pardon:

Yeah I saw that too, theres also someone selling a black one on an OR strap I pmed him and he said he would just sell me the head. Im pretty sure though my urges are just impulse. lol. If someone wants a black face im sure he would do 1k shipped for the head and papers.

You're killing me lately. You show me a Skyland.. little did I know they were not flooding the market. I want one on bracelet. furthermore..

I miss RobbieG.

I want a gen SuperOceean, but I want the chrono. Those are pricey! Thanks for giving me good taste RWG. <_<

Im wiggling my ass; about poised to liquidate most gens and reps for a gen Skyland or Superocean Chrono.

And so what if my watchbox is more than half empty? Steven Segal smiley would approve. :angry:

You're killing me lately. You show me a Skyland.. little did I know they were not flooding the market. I want one on bracelet. furthermore..

I miss RobbieG.

I want a gen SuperOceean, but I want the chrono. Those are pricey! Thanks for giving me good taste RWG. <_<

Im wiggling my ass; about poised to liquidate most gens and reps for a gen Skyland or Superocean Chrono.

And so what if my watchbox is more than half empty? Steven Segal smiley would approve. :angry:

Maybe this one...

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=msg&goto=5017601&rid=72559#msg_5017601

:whistling: