When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A bit of AP help please

PeteM

Hi guys, never posted here before so apologies in advance for the noob question.

Can anyone tell me the AP model in the pic below, Is it a good OTB rep is there a good source for it? I found myself taking a shine to it and I seem to have an irresistable urge!! Assuming its as big as it looks!! :)

Any advice would be welcome, thanks in advance

Apologies for using another guys pic

4460523239_e669cb3fbb_o.jpg

It looks like one of the AP Offshore Montoyas. It is an excellent rep as most of the latest AP ROO's are. On that one be forewarned that the dial is a basket weave which actually shows the base plate of the movement underneath. And the base plate on the gen movement is finished fairly nicely whereas the rep is just brushed or unfinished. And as with all AP seconds at 12 you probably will want to get the movement to ensure longevity.

Thanks mate I appreciate the reply.

Tried a look on Joshs but only found a Juan Pablo Montoya I will keep looking :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Pete,

The main difference with the gen is the backplate. The gen shows the movement gears and screws thru the cut outs in the dial. Some folks have been successful modding that but it's not a simple project.

The overall quality is great though. It's a very nice buy.

Thanks for that mate. The quality seems to be there alright from the pics I have seen and the watch has really grown on me. It seems to have a lot of character. First thing I have noticed is the rep versions have secs at 9 or 12 not sure what other differences there are yet :) but the quality seems consistent.

Thanks again

Yes I must say I am really getting into this style. I appreciate all the help.

Just one question putting aside the pics how does the rep AR stand up against gen would it be better to get a aftermarket coat. Domis has a very yellow tint so I guess maybe a REX, Taki perhaps or is Cheifs more gen like as in absolutely clear?

What are the rep straps like? I usually go gen on straps would you guys recommend that assuming price aint ridiculous. I tried searching for gen ones but I couldnt find any for that watch

Thanks again guys