When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got a good deal, need some expertise!

rolexmaniac88

Dear fellow members,

Can somebody confirm it is gen? Pearl seems okay to me but i never know and since i'm not expert i will rely on the capable hands of some more skilled members.

Thank you in advance

BTW, price is 75 euros which i think is okay compared to the $120-150 range it usually goes for.

p3261486.jpg

p3261490.jpg

p3261489.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9871/p3261486.jpg

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3836/p3261490.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5697/p3261489.jpg

Looks real to me. Pearl looks good.

Put it next to a replica insert and you should be able to notice the paint finish is significantly shinier and smoother under magnification.

Thank you. I think so too.

But I don't have it yet. So i cannot compare. I didn't buy it yet. I wait for people to confirm it is in fact gen.

It's a recent insert, you can tell by the 'triangular' 4 in 40. Luminous pearl.

older gen inserts have a 'boxy' 4 in 40, pre 2000 have a tritium pearl, real old tritium pearls, 80's models, turn brown.

Thanks to all of you for your help. I really appreciate it :clapping:

Deal is done and i am pretty happy with it. 70 euros shipped, only 20 euros more than if I had gotten it from any AD. NOT BAD :whistling:

It's a recent insert, you can tell by the 'triangular' 4 in 40. Luminous pearl.

older gen inserts have a 'boxy' 4 in 40, pre 2000 have a tritium pearl, real old tritium pearls, 80's models, turn brown.

Yep here is an example of the trapezoidal 4 insert on my lug holes sub that just sold...

_MG_6395rsz.jpg

vs the newer style:

_MG_6331rsz.jpg

Just received the beauty ! It is defintely a genuine.

Would like to get some advice from the community though.

So i put it on to see how it would fit. It does fit and i can feel the tip of the bezel even when installed (i didn't put it all the way in order to be able to remove it though). However, i don't know how much the insert should be recessed. What do you reckon ? Me there's very little place but it is recessed but very little. Does anyone could provide picture of a good recessed look so i can see if i need to shave it a little?

Another great advice: do i really have to glue it or not? I think it could hold but maybe we are never too sure. I just ordered gorilla glue.

Thanks in advance! Unfortunately, cannot provide picture (until next tuesday). But will definitely will then.

Have a good week-end :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Let it bottom out in the bezel. It should be slightly recessed per the gen. If it is a snug fit, then no glue. Definitely not gorilla glue!! If anything, GS Hypo cement.

SOOOOOOO, a big thanks to chieftang which inspired me to do the good thing !

I just installed the gen insert on my V3. It is spot on! It fitted right in, slightly recessed per the gen (i checked a gen yesterday to make sure of it). I don't see how it could move! Don't know if i got lucky but really a great fit! Same as with the inlay that comes with the V3!

Pictures coming up soon...

But now, i don't know what to do with the insert i have. Maybe an experiment for vintagizing the whole thing...we'll see!