When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

http://valuesuit.com ?

mickeytzan

The simple fact that they lie about where the suits are made (Italy) is enough to make me say "Do not buy here"

Does anyone really believe that knock-off goods are made in Italy? You would be hung from a tree by the Italians for this.

"Bergie" is this Forum's soft goods merchant and can set you up with anything you need from wallets to bags to sunglasses to ties to suits ... etc.

Scam site.

Dont worry about brand names when buying a suit. In my work I meet so many people that like to causally mention their wearing armani or d&g and the thing doesnt fit them and is made from material that just isnt worth the price. Only about 2% of people can walk into a suit and have it fit perfect, almost everyone needs atlerations done and the suit has to be a great fit to begin with (you need to try atleast 5 and have a sales rep who knows what hes talking about). And people buy them online?! Those are the people you see in a horribly fitted suit (material bunched up at back of neck, sleves snagging, shoulder pads sticking way out and drooping off at the sides) and they think they got a bargin because they saved 30%! For the price of an armani you can get a made-to-measure suit in many stores. Or if you have lots of time but not much money, i recommend you try http://www.indochino.com.

Dont beleive their silly video, but what they do do is make cheap made-to-measure suits in okay farbic (same as a middle range off the peg suit) in china and ship them fast. In my expereince it will take 3 remakes to get a suit that fits you properly, but they do infinate remakes for free untill you are happy and give you upto $75 refund for cost of alterations at a local tailor. If you've never had a properly fitted suit i recommend you go into a good store that ONLY sells suits and is in a high price range. Even if you would never buy from there, pretend youre considering it and a salesman who knows what hes talking about will talk you through the fit of the different jackets you try on. Ask lots of questions. Then you'll know what to look for when your made-to-measure china jacket turns up.

For the record my expereince in this area started with off-the-peg, then went to cheap south east asian tailors, very expensive south east asian tailors, cheap local tailors (UK), expensive made to measure (UK), cheap online china made to measure (indochino), and now im into proper bespoke tailors (makes a gen tag heuer look cheap).

• 5 weeks later...

@ metaljesus a lot of what you say is correct, this is why all my customers know that they need to take their new suit to a tailor on receiving it.

The comment about the material quality must refer to very cheap knock offs as all my suits are the same material as the gens, in fact their quality and build have often been praised by my customers tailors.

Oh and mine are of course a lot cheaper than the above link.

Ken

Same looms. LOL :lol:

Mickey, don't bother with valuesuit, IMO. It has the usual look of the type of webfront that will picture one thing, ship another, and then 6 months down the road leave you wondering why there are $2200 worth of fraudulent transactions on your CC.

I don't have the occasion to wear suits often. But if I did, KB would be my man. No ifs, ands, buts or butts about it. ;)

So you are saying that you will guarantee that the material in your stuff is the 1:1 same as the gen? Same yarn, same material, same looms etc. This is important for people to know. :victory:

Are you being serious here Fakey or just ridiculous again?

Of course I have no intention of making those kind of guarantees, if i could I would be charging 10 times what I currently do for suits...and still be cheaper than the gens.

What anyone can do to satisfy themselves to the quality of my suits is read my reviews, I can assure you that will give them far more insight to my goods than your noob guide.

Ken

Chief I agree we should use the trusted dealers. But I have guaranteed across the fora that if you follow the rules in MY noobguide you will never get screwed OR called out . So the need for clarification

is important.

Never? Ever? Honestly, you seem rather green yourself. No put down intended. But the facts are this: You will get called out with every rep that passes through this forum by someone who knows what they're looking at, sans the best of the best frankens. And you will, albeit rarely, find yourself in a questionable situation with even the most seasoned of dealers. Josh, Andrew, Angus, you name it. [censored] invariably happens from time to time in this hobby, and no dealer can possibly make everyone happy all the time. So rather than spreading around a false sense of security and creating expectations that can't be met with a one stop noob guide, I'd prefer to simply let the fora function naturally. We at RWG don't lead people astray. The whole point is to have open discussion about a passion from many different points of view, and the best thing a noob can do is ... simply participate. In the process of doing so, they'll learn more than is ever possible to encapsulate concisely.

False sense of security? Lol you apparently don't know me very well. I am the trust no one posterboy. And I didn't say things can't go wrong. That would be naive. What makes dealers like our friend KB trusted is the way they handle things when the '[censored] inevitably happens' as you say. RWG wouldn't let them in here if they screwed people. The rest happens naturally as you said. So I guess we're actually in agreement. Peace. :bounce:

• 2 weeks later...

Google is your friend!!

Stay with KB !!!

Re: Anybody know anything about Valuesuit.com

I ordered men's suit from valuesuit.com, but never received anything. Also I had to freeze my credit card, because I suspect that valuesuit.com is a fraud. They work in Asia (Shanghai), so if you place an order in USA and loose your money, there's almost nothing you can do. Also, it's very strange how they can sell Hugo Boss, Gucci etc. with so low price (200 dollars), cause making those suits costs almost like 400 dollars.

• 2 months later...

They may or may not be a scam site, but as I said, the simple fact that they claim the suits are "MADE: ITALY" is a lie .. so why trust them? One of the old members here claimed to own a tailor shop in London, and stated that even the Gen designer label suits are really made of no more than $50 of materials, and sonic-welded by machines in a factory. Food for thought.