When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Submariner - Meteorite Dial - 16610

ThinkBachs

Rolex Submariner - Meteorite Dial - 16610

Just found this on the Bay...

"Custom Made Meteorite Dial with luminescent markers. This is an original Rolex dial that we have had a professional lapidary apply a sheet of REAL meteorite to. The luminescent markers from the original Rolex dial were then reapplied. (Rolex is currently charging an extra $4000 to add meteorite to a dial)

Wait... "Rolex doesn't make a meteorite dial steel Submariner" you might be thinking BUT Watch Empire does. For those of you who think the black dial Submariner might be a bit redundant considering the watch is ubiquitous everywhere you look (or maybe that is just because I'm a watch dealer and all I see are watches) here is the watch for you. The meteorite dial looks immaculate on the Steel Submariner and best of all you can always be assured that no one will have this same watch. Here is an opportunity for you to transcend the monotony of every day life or at a bare minimum simply stand out from the crowd!!!"

Price:US $5,900.00

RolexSteelSubmariner-MeteoriteDi-3.jpg

RolexSteelSubmariner-MeteoriteDi-2.jpg

RolexSteelSubmariner-MeteoriteDi-1.jpg

RolexSteelSubmariner-MeteoriteDial-.jpg

What is a sheet of real meteorite?

It's interesting, yes it is a real Rolex Sub, but certainly around 10 years old with the 93150 bracelet and 501B end pieces and lugholes in the case.

I saw a similar watch on the bay last week with a silver dial and silver insert- same older Sub type of deal which had been modified- only this dial said 'Swiss- T<25'.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rolex-Mens-Steel-Submariner-Silver-Dial-Bezel-16610_W0QQitemZ260573743319QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWristwatches?hash=item3cab67c8d7

Those guys are taking a 3500 dollar sub, adding a 200 dollar dial, and selling it for almost 6K, pretty good return on your investment. As you say, gussy up and older sub and sell it for double the price. Another problem here, if it needs service, none of theRSC's are going to touch it with that dial, unless you agree to replace the meteorite with a conventional dial.And who knows if this is a real piece of meteorite, or just a grey painted dial to look like something else. I wouldn't know what a sheet of meteorite looks like anyway.by the way does it use Kryptonite instead of Superluminova?

Frankly, I think if one wants a fuggly watch, there are plenty out there, this being one of them! Too bad they ruined a nice sub to make one.