When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is it really this hard to get a DD overlay?

Gorilladame

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys, i have had a lot of questions about what this overlay is best suited for in terms of rolex model and year, could one of our resident experts in rolex please pass on a bit of info for all those asking.

Thanks

Guys i have been informed that there are only 23 overlays available right now, I have received payment for 16 so far as soon as i receive the payment for the 23 that are available, i will let you all know, that does mean that some one will not get in on this deal but i will push for more if i can.

All now in the post, registered mail around the world, how long that will take with the mail back log there may be after the ash cloud issue is any ones guess.

I have mine fitted to a 2846 under GW dial just need some hands now

I sanded the print and paint off a standard 2836 date wheel and then glued it on with a slow setting glue, mounted the dial and checked all the dates were correctly spaced, adjusted and then checked again and let it set.

I have been asking about for info of what would be the most suited watch and years for silver date wheels, and what i gather is that the silver wheels were standard on sports models in the late 60 to early 80s so pretty mush all the range from 1680, DRSD and GW. if any one has more and definite info please chime in..