When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lv Sub - who has the best rehaut engraving?

george84

I am new the the replica game, but have picked up 4 decent reps so far. A BK modded sea dweller and yachtmaster, a pam 048, and a chopard gran turismo xl....so I am getting there. The more I read on this foum the more I learn, but it is a little confusing/daunting when you are starting out and was wondering if you guys could help me out with picking out my next rep. I really like the sub Lv edition and I like the 2008 updated edition with the engraved bezel even more. Now my real question is, next to paying over $800 for the WM9 version, which version and trusted dealer is selling the lv with the best engraving. And for that matter, besides paying an arm an a leg for the WM9, (I really dont care if I am buying an Asian movment or a swiss movement at this point, as long as the outside looks gen) who has the best cost efficient Lv anniversary sub on the market? Thanks for your help and I hope some day soon I can contribute my learned knowledge back to the forum.

Noobmariner is the best budget Sub out there, without any mods.

Sure it has flaws but you should be able to get a high beat Noobmariner below $200. It's a decent Sub.

Check my section for the review.

PS: I would definitely try to get it without rehaut engraving (which never looks accurate on the reps). Maybe an old one through a member trade?

Good luck.

i'd try and avoid the engraving, you get all sorts of variables and problems with it. try and get an MBK one if you can, a few hundred dollars less than WM9, contact narika. noobmariner is a good watch and a casual place to start, but if you're like most sub owners eventually it just wont do it for you and you'll go the next step, either MBK or WM9, if you can see yourself being that person save your money and buy the next step as the noobmariner has obvious flaws even to the amateur collector, where as wm9 you almost need to be an expert to pick up on them.

MBK 16610 Sub shouldn't be discussed on the same sentence with WM9. It's not comparable.

Even a cheap Noobmariner is more accurate rep than the otb MBK modern Sub. Trust me, it's not worth it. If you want a great Sub replica, WM9 is the only option. Don't even consider any others (unless you want to have a budget Noobmariner).

MBK used to have a great reputation but those modern MBK models are yesterday's news. Standards are different now because WM9 set them again.

one visit to an AD then returning home to your noobmariner will change your mind.

problem with noobmariner: crown size, etched crown size on crystal -which you cant change, case depth -again NOT fixable, underpowered date mag due to case depth not being correct -not fixable, off mark engraving on rehaut .. or rather off mark black print on rehaut. not sure if thicker gaskets will fit, gen gaskets dont even fit my WM9 caseback properly. sanding cgs and an insert to fit properly... = headache -accept the noobmariner as is or just get a WM9. I choose an MBK because the mods you have to do is the same as the nnobmarienr except you can do them easily and some mods that cant be done on the noobmariner. Also have a wm9, buy it and wear it...just change the pearl. my MBK cost me:

case 160

gen ETA 100

noob dial and hands with date wheel 35

clarks crystal 30

wm insert 25

noob bracelet 35

$385 not too shabby

which was good for me a year ago. not sure the current wm9 prices, some have recently sold for $500-600