When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

White Cosmograph Daytona 116520 - Flash Overview

madmex

It seems like forever I had wanted a Daytona, but the reps were just not up to par. The cheapest working Daytona was $1000, and the dial was immediately recognizeable by the wrong positioning of the subdials.

Upon finding this forum I was impressed by the new Daytona rep with an Asian copy, with a module imitating the correct position and function. This version has the hi-beat Asian 7750 subseconds @ 6.

116486-22578.jpg

Here is a shot of the hand alignment. I must say that the chrono has been working flawlessly and has lost 5 seconds in 3 days with mixed chronograph operation.

The chronograph seconds hand is a direct-drive so it is very smooth. Chronograph pusher action is crisp, and precise! I am impressed. Hands reset to zero, without any issue, EVERY time.

One slight issue with modular chronographs deals with the indirect seconds subdial. There are so many (extra) gears that a little amount of play between these gears multiplies throughout each iteration. This results in a slightly inconsistent motion of the subseconds dial. It is very smooth at certain angles, but at others the play is evident and it appears "jumpy." This is not a defect but rather a characteristic of indirect seconds (again, magnified by so many extra gears). Something you have to be ready to live with.

The good news is that the subseconds hand is so small that you would have to stare at it to notice its sometimes odd beat.

116486-22579.jpg

While this version (and any version using the 7750 copy) is thicker than a gen Daytona, the resulting high polish, high side profile is quite beautiful. Here is an unusual angle depicting it's massive thickness (about 3mm more than the gen).

116486-22580.jpg

Many times the back of these watches is a tell-tale of their questionable authenticity--bad or innacurate end-links, etc. Regarding the back of this specimen, I particularly appreciate the accuracy of the bracelet end-pieces. The back looks almost 100% original. Probably the full 100% with some tweaking.

116486-22581.jpg

I hope you enjoy this quick pictorial taken a few minutes ago!

Cheers.

very nice ! looks nice n heavy ! :wub:

Thanks!

Compared to my PT Seamaster it's not all that heavy. But comparing it to other Rollies it most certainly is. Nice, very crisp, clasp!

I just love the end-link construction accuracy! (All of my rollies have been off one way or another)

Here is a new pic (look at the time, and realise I am CST)...

116638-22549.jpg

Edited by madmex

Great pictures!!! Almost makes me want a Daytona!!!

Let's hope the movement won't let you down, it's very nice watch.

Thanks. Regarding the movement, it's probably not a good candidate for an everyday watch., but if you have a few and you rotate them then it's working less.

That said, there's some kind of invisible glue on the caseback, and I have been unable to take this watch off since I received it thus far..... :wub:

If it wore out in say 2 years you can buy another one--maybe a black one!

I recently ordered an asian 7750 secs @ 6 Daytona, but with a black dial.

When the watch arrived it had smaller, very thick and shiny sub dial rings, it looked very bad.

Of course I was quite disappointed, but I got it from an excellent dealer who refunded my money, I sent the watch back.

So now I'm still wanting a Daytona, may I ask, which dealer did you get yours from?

I recently ordered an asian 7750 secs @ 6 Daytona, but with a black dial.

When the watch arrived it had smaller, very thick and shiny sub dial rings, it looked very bad.

Of course I was quite disappointed, but I got it from an excellent dealer who refunded my money, I sent the watch back.

So now I'm still wanting a Daytona, may I ask, which dealer did you get yours from?

I received mine from King. Who did you get yours from?

Thanks!

Compared to my PT Seamaster it's not all that heavy. But comparing it to other Rollies it most certainly is. Nice, very crisp, clasp!

I just love the end-link construction accuracy! (All of my rollies have been off one way or another)

Here is a new pic (look at the time, and realise I am CST)...

117056-22484.jpg

What a great looking watch.. congratulations.

Very nice rep !! Could be my next purchase.

@ madmex : Please could you take some wrist shots ?

Thanks

Xel

Here are some quick wrist shots for you--pardon the hairy arm!

117187-22450.jpg

I really enjoy the pink/white sapphire crystal protruding....

117187-22451.jpg

117187-22452.jpg

I really like the pointy, rounded-off lugs

117187-22453.jpg

117187-22454.jpg

The clasp is very simple, and very well constructed....