When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Alternatives to BK's TT 16613?

peekapoo

I know nothing can beat bk's sub, but it is almost impossible to get it now. people who pre ordered them can't even get them yet.

I may have to wait more than a year to get mine from bk.

Also, bk said this batch would be the last batch with gold wrapped TT.

If i get lucky enough to get his next TT batch, I won't get gold wrapped watch.

I have few question for you guys.

1. As far as I know, TW best and MBW may be next best TT sub, but who sells those? I can't find reputable dealers here sell those.

2. I may just buy it from andrew and may be mod it?

He has 14k wrapped one for $308. If I go for this option, who is the best guy I need to talk to get it mod? I have to have super lume and pearl upgrade.

1. As far as I know, TW best and MBW may be next best TT sub, but who sells those? I can't find reputable dealers here sell those.

Wrong.

This one is.

BK can get this too. At least he did.

What do you think of that model?

I thought I wrote a long review of it and shared my thoughts. :whistling:

I do like it. It's the best TT Sub out there (besides the WM9 of course). Very nice... just make sure you get the wrapped version with filled end links.

I thought I wrote a long review of it and shared my thoughts. :whistling:

I do like it. It's the best TT Sub out there (besides the WM9 of course). Very nice... just make sure you get the wrapped version with filled end links.

Yeah, I read your review, but it was from eurotimers.

I was referring to andrew's sub.

I think I am gonna pull the trigger if you say yes to andrew's sub :)

You gotta understand that these dealers don't all have their own factories. They source the same watches from the same factories. This is a "Noobfactory" version which can be sourced by many dealers. It's not like they're exclusive to Eurotimez or anything.

I don't know whether Andrew and Joshua can get this one or not, but you gotta compare the pictures and ask questions, etc. I'm sure that bklm1234 was able to get this before. Ask him too.

Good luck!

You gotta understand that these dealers don't all have their own factories. They source the same watches from the same factories. This is a "Noobfactory" version which can be sourced by many dealers. It's not like they're exclusive to Eurotimez or anything.

I don't know whether Andrew and Joshua can get this one or not, but you gotta compare the pictures and ask questions, etc. I'm sure that bklm1234 was able to get this before. Ask him too.

Good luck!

thanks by-tor. will do.

thanks by-tor. will do.

Just recieved the wrong watch from Andrew. I ordered the blue ceramic SS noob and got the black TT 14k wrapped with ETA instead!!!!!! Number 025A in his catalogue. It's very nice but not what I ordered.If anyone wants it I'm into it for a total of $366. I'm in Florida so you don't have to wait weeks to get one.

If you (theoretically) could get a TT16613 directly from WM9, how much would it cost? I think bk was quoting 6 something a while back??

Are they a reputable outfit to deal with....you do have to pay upfront for this watch sight unseen, I assume.

Thanks.

They are not currently listed on WM9 site but he has started shipping to people who ordered a long time ago. I think they cost $775 or thereabouts.

@gplracer

Yes you can do that as the basic watch is the same with gold bits as you listed. You can buy mostly gen bits if you keep your eyes peeled on Ebay etc and finish with a very impressive rep.

I bought a WM9 a while ago, then turned it into a superfranken. Gen dial, gen crown and tube, gen crystal, noob date wheel, gen insert, gen pearl, and to top it off, a gen bezel. Other than that, the asian ETA was removed and replaced with a real swiss ETA that had just been serviced. Hands were relumed with superluminova by the Zigmiester, and he completed the build after completely servicing the movement.

I'd consider selling it if someone offered me a realistic amount... Here's a pic with my gen "A" series:

c53er43e.jpg

Jo Jo - Just trying to understand something here. I am assuming that the one on the left is the franken and the one on the right is the gen.

Question is...if they both have gen inserts, did Rolex offer a different insert at some time.

The one on the right looks gen as far as I know. I look at the "2". Most of the after market inserts have the downstroke on the "2" coming down too far before it curves to the left. The one on the left is clearly not the same.

I have used many aftermarket inserts and am just trying to figure out if they are correct. Maybe I am a little OCD about it.

Rolex also used 2 different font color on the black TT Sub insert numbers. The other is plain yellow like JoJo's watches, the other is metallic gold. Both are accurate, so there might be variation in fonts too.

For example older GMT 16710's used the Sans Serif font but later they switched to standard Verdana/Arial.