When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chinese Flying Tourbillon Movements for under $40

Anyone know why orfrei.com can sell the Chinese flying tourbillon movement for an average retail of $35 but when our watch cloning friends drop these movements in a replica watch they charge anywhere from $500 to $1200 for the product? Is it simply because we will pay that much? I used to think buying one of these watches was a risk because no one could repair them due to their high quality and unique manufacture. Now I see they are in the same category as the A21j movements, not worth the repair costs and economically replaceable. Did I get ripped off spending $550 on one of these? Looks like I did

http://www.ofrei.com/page1119.html

Notice movements F3211 and F8131

CC

Anyone know why orfrei.com can sell the Chinese flying tourbillon movement for an average retail of $35 but when our watch cloning friends drop these movements in a replica watch they charge anywhere from $500 to $1200 for the product? Is it simply because we will pay that much? I used to think buying one of these watches was a risk because no one could repair them due to their high quality and unique manufacture. Now I see they are in the same category as the A21j movements, not worth the repair costs and economically replaceable. Did I get ripped off spending $550 on one of these? Looks like I did

http://www.ofrei.com/page1119.html

Notice movements F3211 and F8131

CC

Please show us pictures of your $550 tourbillion

BTW who did you buy it from?

Unless I am missing something important, the movements you link to on Ofrei are simply "Open heart" style. Nothing even CLOSE to a tourbillion.

It's just a normal balance wheel which you can see thru the dial of a watch.

Both Joshes links show true tourbillon movements, now there is some disccussion on wheter it is a true 'flying' tourby or not. But these cannot be compared to the 'open heart' visible balance wheel type of movements offered by offrei or cousins.

There are quite a few more expansive chinese made movements one of them is a minute repeater, i would love to see a nice rep with that movement. Both offrei and cousins aswel as other suppliers seem to carry only the common more affordable movements.

Edited by slickdick

Both Joshes links show true tourbillon movements, now there is some disccussion on wheter it is a true 'flying' tourby or not. But these cannot be compared to the 'open heart' visible balance wheel type of movements offered by offrei or cousins.

There are quite a few more expansive chinese made movements one of them is a minute repeater, i would love to see a nice rep with that movement. Both offrei and cousins aswel as other suppliers seem to carry only the common more affordable movements.

I got a crash education in Chinese tourbillons today. It looks like my watch has a Liaonong 5010 tourbillon which is certainly a different movement than the ofrei calibers. Good to see it is a well reviewed movement although the Sea-Gul ST8000 flying duck has a longer service history. I cant wait to get this watch. The Youtube videos of Chinese tourbis are amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNCzaU3yfpo&feature=fvw