When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WM9 V3 dial and hands fit ETA 2836 ?

Cats

Maybe the dumbest question ever asked but i can't find the answer via the search button.

Do the hands of a WM9 V3 modern sub fit the ETA 2836 movement ????

Thanks in advance

Carpe Diem

Cats

Just as an FYI- There was a small batch of WM9 16610s released with the tiny ETA 2671 fitted. Kind of a ridiculous thing to see, as popping the caseback revealed an itty bitty movement surrounded by a huge spacer, but if you're finding that the hands don't fit a 2836, they could be intended for this strange movement option.

Best way to confirm is mic the tube diameters. You should see the usual measurements of 90/150/25 for a 2836/2824/2892. If you see 70/120/20, they're for the 2671.

if i'm not mistaken, it comes with a 2824. Not 2836. However, i don't have a clue on whether it could feet a 2836. Sorry

Dial feet location and hands are all the same for 2824, 2836, 2846, 2892, so interchanging amongst those calibers will physically work for the most part, though the only exception would be fitting to/from a 2892; since the movement is much thinner than the others, the 2892's dial feet are shorter, therefore fitting a 2824 dial to a 2892 will result in having too long of dial feet whereas fitting a dial for a 2892 to a 2824 will result in too short of dial feet (i.e. there will not be enough of the dial foot exposed for the clamp to secure against).

Yes, it comes with a 2836 movement.

OOPS! Sorry, it comes with a 2824-2. I should know better. Since it has a custom movement spacer made for 2824-2, it might be a problem. PM BK and ask for the definitive answer.

Edit: meant to say movement spacer.

Edited by kbh

Thanks guys for the help.

I want to upgrade my MBW SUB 16610 which o bought from Omega with a decent lumed dial and hands.

The NOOB dial doesn't have a good lume.

Does it make sence to order a V2 dial and hands ( as long as they have the same lume as the V3 )???

I'll ask Omega which movement is in my MBW SUB but i'm almost certainly think it's a 2836.

Carpe Diem

Cats

@ Ubiquitous,

indeed the lume is the issue here.

Problem is that it's hard to get a good lume job done on a NOOB dial without being able

to see the relume job.

Just got a mial from Omega telling me that i got a 2836 movement in my SUB and that it's possible

to use the WM9 dial and hands. It might take some work though if the spacer ring is atteched to the back of the dial.

I'll wait and see what BK will advise me.

Thanks for the advise to all of you

Carpe Diem

Cats

Just got a PM from BK telling me that it will fit.

Omegae who will do the replacement also confirmed that it will fit

Could be a small issue with a soacer ring but that's a relative easy fix Omega said.

Finally my old school MBW SUB will have a nice dial and hands in it.

Thanks for all the advice agian.

Carpe Diem

Cats