When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Have you ever seen such a level of QC in repdom! I am impressed !

alvinado

This one has

Ticked a mark on my calendar

To see if the inevitable 'crash n burn' is quicker or slower

than all the other 'big promise' merchants that came (& went)

:rolleyes:

I can appreciate that. Reg, you have always been in a league of your own, however you steer away from certain items (breitling 7750s, etc.), or simply may not have something at a given time. So what to do?

Maybe MR will burn out. Consider though, that we have trusted dealers on this board that burned out a long time ago. I can't beg a working watch out of them. Why then do we continue to make them the go-to guys? Why pay them the premium when someone else is willing to step up.

I had this conversation just today with someone who will remain anonymous, saying "If I can't get it from Reg, my next stop is MR, then Hont."

Reg, you might find it interesting that MR was able to get that replacement TAG bracelet for me, for the ladies TAG you might remember, the wifes Xmas present. Before xmas, and $20 less than my old friend Josh.

I can appreciate that. Reg, you have always been in a league of your own, however you steer away from certain items (breitling 7750s, etc.), or simply may not have something at a given time. So what to do?

Maybe MR will burn out. Consider though, that we have trusted dealers on this board that burned out a long time ago. I can't beg a working watch out of them. Why then do we continue to make them the go-to guys? Why pay them the premium when someone else is willing to step up.

I had this conversation just today with someone who will remain anonymous, saying "If I can't get it from Reg, my next stop is MR, then Hont."

Reg, you might find it interesting that MR was able to get that replacement TAG bracelet for me, for the ladies TAG you might remember, the wifes Xmas present. Before xmas, and $20 less than my old friend Josh.

Sadly, it takes situations like EuroTimez to make people actually take notice of when a dealer is on the decline. The occasional negative feedback here or there, all the time there are still primarily positive feedbacks, doesn't really influence the buyers who are here solely for a watch, go as soon as it arrives, and play no further part in the community. They're less likely to realize when a dealer is getting sloppy, and as long as they still have vocal support, they'll still consider them a reliable source, which is a shame, as that's then when the stories of "I spent $$$ with Dealer X and got a load of DOA watches..." start appearing, rather than the folks who keep their finger on the pulse, stay abreast of who's doing good business, and buying accordingly... By the same token, a seasoned buyer is likely to not start screaming about a speck of dust on a dial, as they have come to appreciate the nature of the game, so they're more likely to fix a small issue themselves, rather than sending the watch back and starting a post flaming the dealer... Swings and roundabouts...

Sadly, it takes situations like EuroTimez to make people actually take notice of when a dealer is on the decline. The occasional negative feedback here or there, all the time there are still primarily positive feedbacks, doesn't really influence the buyers who are here solely for a watch, go as soon as it arrives, and play no further part in the community. They're less likely to realize when a dealer is getting sloppy, and as long as they still have vocal support, they'll still consider them a reliable source, which is a shame, as that's then when the stories of "I spent $$$ with Dealer X and got a load of DOA watches..." start appearing, rather than the folks who keep their finger on the pulse, stay abreast of who's doing good business, and buying accordingly... By the same token, a seasoned buyer is likely to not start screaming about a speck of dust on a dial, as they have come to appreciate the nature of the game, so they're more likely to fix a small issue themselves, rather than sending the watch back and starting a post flaming the dealer... Swings and roundabouts...

Well said TeeJay and so very true :thumbsupsmileyanim:

This Is my hope, that dealers at least take a good look at the watch before sending It out, do I ask to much? probably. But does spending 5-10 min or so with a watch really to much to ask? Set the watch 24 hrs before you ship It, to make sure It's at least keeping reasonably good time. Make sure there Is no visable flaws. I dont expect the watch be perfect but It would be nice to know that there was some "hands on" Involvment during the purchase process. I wont hold my breath on the above QC, not realistic. But If we could at least get some desent QC, well that would be fantastic. :thumbsupsmileyanim: The payoff for the dealer would be many loyal and consistent customers. Things are getting better, have you seen what reps looked like ten years ago,? :g: nuff said :D Mike

Thanks for the dealer rec Mike, he sent me a mail saying he visually inspected 3 reps for lume dots alignment and positioning and sent out the best. Whether its true or not, i shall find out when i receive the watch, considering its the skyland V2, a good piece does matter.

Thanks for the dealer rec Mike, he sent me a mail saying he visually inspected 3 reps for lume dots alignment and positioning and sent out the best. Whether its true or not, i shall find out when i receive the watch, considering its the skyland V2, a good piece does matter.

No problem Gerald, I think you will be very happy with your purchase, keep me posted. :) Mike