When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yo Adrian! PreV 205a Sly Tech Luminor Submersible

mir36

Martyd3's 205a post a few weeks back inspired me to finally get my own 205a build completed. Woke up early this morning and got it done. Here it is: FGD, ToroBravo CG, Swiss 6497, Hands from Spinmaster's private stock, Manifatture Firenze strap from ST4, Sterile caseback (again waiting for Mr JH to fix this). Hope to see yours soon...

My workbench: notice the precision swiss popsicle stick. Perfect for making sure the hands are on flat and horizontal to the watch face.

P1070805.jpg

P1070808.jpg

The obligatory CG comparisons: Toro on top, VCG middle, Seadbo (reshaped for PreA) on bottom. The ToroBravo CGs are the most underrated PreV CGs on the market. I think they're perfect and can't wait to see the PVD and Ti versions to come out. Vamos Toro!

P1070827.jpg

P1070830.jpg

P1070832.jpg

Finally, my completed 205a. Actually haven't filed down the Toro CG's nub yet. May wait to replace the lever with a Jackson Tse. I'd like to avoid sanding down a perfectly fat nub if I can avoid it:

P1070813.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words folks. Still a lot to do. Eagerly awaiting FGD's PreV handsets. I still need to order PreV screw-in lugs from our friend in Oz. In the meantime Jacob's caseback arrived last week and it is SWEET. Thanks again to FGD, Toro and Jakob. :drinks:

babola: The strap on the 201/A is a Toscana while the PreA 001 has a Simona PAV

swdivad: By 'nub' I'm referring to the part of the CG lever that touches the crown. I ended up sanding it down since I have a shallow dish crown.

P1070871.jpg

P1070870.jpg

P1070868.jpg