When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Explorer I 2010

docdoc

It looks to have "EXPLORER" moved to the bottom half of the dial and the oft ranted about rehaut engraving. I do have a cheapie of the old one (last year?) and it looks much cleaner without the engraving regardless whether it lines up right or not...

Here's the "cheapie":

Exp 1.JPG

Here's from the current (today) Rolex web site:

Gen 1.JPG

The cheapie I posted has the steel numbers and markers and they are out there. The only thing that really detracts from mine is the haphazard lume application. This one with a little fixin' up I think will look quite nice - once I figure out how to take off the old lume and apply a perfectly centered rectangle of lume on the marker! :whistling:

What bugs me about the new Explorer is something that Mendota on RG pointed out: The hands are too short!

Since the beginning of time (or maybe the mid-50s) the Explorer's hour hand should just about touch the tip of the triangle at 12, while the minute hand should just about reach the minute marks. The hour and minute hands on the 2010 Explorer look as if they were transplanted from the previous model.

its a milgauss without the 'gauss

explorer dial in the MG case

JMB where'd you get your EXP1 from? all the new ones have a slightly different dial with a different lettering alignment. I believe both are correct but yours is more common.. already ordered it for the mrs. on it's way.

notice 'perpetual' and 'explorer' alignment