When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A nice Daytona .......

sebrj

first off, welcome to RWG :victory:

to help folks answer your question, is there a particular version of the daytona you're interested in? modern? vintage? :g:

unfortunately the movement required to get the working seconds at six subdial on the modern daytonas (e.g. 116520) is very problematic (ie. unreliable), so you risk buying an expensive paperweight going that route.

that is why you will see lots of people focused on the vintage daytonas (6263, etc), and while these can be modded to a high degree of accuracy, they can be quite expensive to put together. they are well worth the effort though (imho); click here for a thread on my dw daytona 6263 ;)

deltatahoe

Hi guys, many thak's for your welcome :good:

I am looking for a Steel model (black) 116520

so it seems than the A7750 mouvment is not absolutly reliable ! (even If I do not use the chrono .... use just for time !?)

... so I was thinking about a quartz mouvment or alternative mouvment !(I know ....) but waiting for something better ! :pardon:

what do you think !

is it possible to find a watch like that with the autorized RWG dealers ?

Edited by sebrj

I still can't believe that after all this time, there is still no reliable sec@6 Daytona avail yet. Mine lasted two weeks and it died. I would love to have a nice 16520 but I won't buy one with the current movement setup.

Dizz

first off, welcome to RWG :victory:

to help folks answer your question, is there a particular version of the daytona you're interested in? modern? vintage? :g:

unfortunately the movement required to get the working seconds at six subdial on the modern daytonas (e.g. 116520) is very problematic (ie. unreliable), so you risk buying an expensive paperweight going that route.

that is why you will see lots of people focused on the vintage daytonas (6263, etc), and while these can be modded to a high degree of accuracy, they can be quite expensive to put together. they are well worth the effort though (imho); click here for a thread on my dw daytona 6263 ;)

deltatahoe

Hi Deltatahoe, many thank's for your welcome

I am looking for a Steel model (black) 116520

so it seems than the A7750 mouvment is not absolutly reliable ! (even If I do not use the chrono .... use just for time !?)

... so I was thinking about a quartz mouvment or alternative mouvment !(I know ....) but waiting for something better !

what do you think !

is it possible to find a watch like that with the autorized RWG dealers ?

i think if your heart is set on the 116520, then i would get one with the asian 7750 movement from one of our trusted dealers and send it to have the graphite treatment and hope for the best.

there aren't any "alternative" movements for this watch, and any quartz version you find is going to be too crappy for words.

i hope this helps ;)

deltatahoe

Im still waiting for someone to toss a Zenith movement into a noob daytona case... i wonder how much work that would be? You would have a pretty darn nice franken except for the thickness... Unless you can find one of the older thinner cases..