When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nice "beginner gen" on the bay

JoJo35

For those of you who may be ready to break away from the reps, and to begin a genuine collection, I spotted a very nice vintage gen on the bay this morning.

This particular 1500 appears 100% correct, with a rivet bracelet, and nicely aged matching hands. What really caught my eye though was the rare sigma dial. Not a bad catch for $1500, and IMO certainly a better investment than a $300 rep :)

Thanks for your comment Greystash. For the few of us who truly appreciate the history of rolex, pieces like this are a diamond in the rough. Presently undervalued and under appreciated, this 1500 has no where to go but up. An unblemished Sigma dial, more than likely an original bracelet, obviously original hands, and a silver datewheel. I've noticed that this buyer sells lots of old rolex, and probably doesn't know when he has something that's worth a little more than his average OP. I'm really surprised its lasted this long.

The 1601 takes a 20mm, and the 1500 takes a 19mm

Yes the date model is smaller.. this is probably the same case as the air-king date model?

I had one of those and it was also 19mm bracelet. Very nice watch. You could polish this up and make it look awesome. Good find for $1500.