When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thursday Wristy...

TeeJay

Somebody's gonna be wearing this one next week.....and his name starts with a "B".

Nice watch! and the new owner is very lucky! these subs are one of the best vintage subs simple clean looks a real "tool" watch! i dont know why many refer to the no crown subs as the bond watch, the 5512/3 were also featured in the bond movies "live and let die" ohmss,the man with the golden gun. even a date sub!

Im wearing this today after vintaging the bezel insert nothing extreme! just to take off that factory black colour! it has given the insert a slight blue tint, the yuki insert i faded went to a green tint! in fact i have owned this watch for over 5 years and that insert never faded and still looked as new, even though in cyprus we have sun almost all year round!

this is a real frankenstine watch! backcase is marked 5512 the case is marked 1665 home made 6mm crystal cut similar to the tropic 19 with homemade retaining ring, and a comex "thicker" bezel fitted! the strap does not have a divers extension bought that from a car boot sale! oh and it has a 2873 slow beat eta ! this is my beater! could do with a relume though!

post-27094-12719512181_thumb.jpgpost-27094-127195127535_thumb.jpgpost-27094-127195132406_thumb.jpgpost-27094-127195136145_thumb.jpgpost-27094-127195140936_thumb.jpgpost-27094-127195146273_thumb.jpgpost-27094-12719515097_thumb.jpgpost-27094-127195156069_thumb.jpg

Wow man...now,that's a tool watch and it came right out of the blue just by changing that bezel.I know...the rest was just bench work but without this change the watch would have stayed unfinished. Great work! :victory:

I finally got around to putting this one back together last night. Tore it apart and straightened the 8-sided bezel spring best I could, de-burred everything, slathered on moly-grease, and the freaking bezel still won't turn - SCREW IT!!!! I don't think I'll ever need to time any decompression intervals so this is now officially a "fixed bezel" model! I love this watch... :wub:

NDMax fin 1.jpg