When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Second hand stops moving on DSSD

Skywalker

So I have had this replica DSSD for a year. A week or two ago, the watch hands stopped; I wound the watch and had to shake it very vigorously (much more than usual) to get the hands to start ticking again. Today, this happened again. The second hand no longer ticks (and the minute/hour hands do not move). I have wound the watch but still the hands do not move; very forceful shaking does not accomplish anything...

Anyone have an idea what my problem is?

Thanks!

Do you know if the watch has an asian or swiss movement? If it's an asian 21j movement. I'd reccomend swapping out the movement for a factory clean and oiled 21j movement(dg2813 model). The dg2813 can be bought for $15 and comes from the factory serviced. If you have a swiss movement.. getting it serviced is probably the better way to go :)

Do you know if the watch has an asian or swiss movement? If it's an asian 21j movement. I'd reccomend swapping out the movement for a factory clean and oiled 21j movement(dg2813 model). The dg2813 can be bought for $15 and comes from the factory serviced. If you have a swiss movement.. getting it serviced is probably the better way to go :)

+1 :victory: