When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine datejust crown on a noob explorer II?

klocklind1

DJ crown is 6mm ;) However, the big issue is the actual part number used.

If this is going on a rep, you will most likely want a 602-0 crown; there's the 603-0 which comes on the DJ's with sapphire crystals, however the big issue here is that they use the smaller tube intended for the 5.3mm crown. Hence, the I.D. opening where the crown mates to the tube is smaller to match.

The 602-0 used a larger tube specific to the 6mm crown. The rep tubes are usually around this size. In fact, I've had some gen 602's fit directly to the rep tube in some cases. Kinda hit or miss in that regard. None the less, if you have to replace the tube with gen in order for the crown to mate, the hole drilled for the tube is likely to be closer in size to the 6020 tube anyways...

:mellow::mellow:

DJ crown is 6mm ;) However, the big issue is the actual part number used.

If this is going on a rep, you will most likely want a 602-0 crown; there's the 603-0 which comes on the DJ's with sapphire crystals, however the big issue here is that they use the smaller tube intended for the 5.3mm crown. Hence, the I.D. opening where the crown mates to the tube is smaller to match.

The 602-0 used a larger tube specific to the 6mm crown. The rep tubes are usually around this size. In fact, I've had some gen 602's fit directly to the rep tube in some cases. Kinda hit or miss in that regard. None the less, if you have to replace the tube with gen in order for the crown to mate, the hole drilled for the tube is likely to be closer in size to the 6020 tube anyways...

Thanks a lot for that Ubi!

I will try the genuine crown from my datejust if it fits on my noob EX II!

Assuming you have a gen DJ, is yours a sapphire or acrylic model (e.g. is it a ref 160x, 160xx, 162xx etc)?

It is one of the first with 3135 movement in it and is an X series ( 16220!) from 1991 and it has saffire!

The crown is exactly 6,00 mm and looks like a Expl II crown. So it looks like it would fit :)

I'm thinking it would be a 24-603-0 crown which, like ubi says, fits on the 5.3mm tube. The 5.3mm tube is smaller, and takes a 2.5mm tap (smaller hole in the case). The older 24-6020-0 tube takes a 3.0mm x .35 tap. The 603 crown most likely won't fit on your rep case tube and I don't see how you could fit a 5.3mm case tube in your rep case if you have a 3mm hole already.

Have you tried to find a 24-602-0 crown? Jewelerstools in Arizona has crowns, but he rarely lists them with the current Rolex terminology. He uses the outdated number system (#26, #29, etc.) and I frankly don't think he knows which crown he is selling, but if he did happen to refer to it as a 602, you might get lucky. DJ crowns should run $15-20, used.

I'm thinking it would be a 24-603-0 crown which, like ubi says, fits on the 5.3mm tube. The 5.3mm tube is smaller, and takes a 2.5mm tap (smaller hole in the case). The older 24-6020-0 tube takes a 3.0mm x .35 tap. The 603 crown most likely won't fit on your rep case tube and I don't see how you could fit a 5.3mm case tube in your rep case if you have a 3mm hole already.

Have you tried to find a 24-602-0 crown? Jewelerstools in Arizona has crowns, but he rarely lists them with the current Rolex terminology. He uses the outdated number system (#26, #29, etc.) and I frankly don't think he knows which crown he is selling, but if he did happen to refer to it as a 602, you might get lucky. DJ crowns should run $15-20, used.

I saw this site :

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Genuine-Rolex-Watch-Stainless-Steel-Crown-24-603-0-/250486955949?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a522f9fad+

Here You can see that it IS the SAME crown for a LOT of datejusts and the Ex II/GMT etc.

But the price is HIGH I think!

Have anyone bought from here?

Milgausser is a price gouger!

Yes it is the correct crown, but then you'd have to use the 24-6030-0 tube which is 5.3mm and 2.5mm hole size. The existing hole in your rep case is 3.0mm probably. Capisce?

OK thanks now I understand :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Milgausser is a price gouger! But You can make an offer on his prices !

A genuine new DJ crown is about 90 $ at my AD is that about how much they used to cost ?

Milgausser is a price gouger!

Yes it is the correct crown, but then you'd have to use the 24-6030-0 tube which is 5.3mm and 2.5mm hole size. The existing hole in your rep case is 3.0mm probably. Capisce?

will this tube fit the noob EX II ? :whistling:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rolex-President-Datejust-Crown-Tube-MENS-6MM-/330381491032?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cec457b58