When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

.Details on PAM 188 Daylight Chrono?

OSRep

Hey guys, hope youre well.

Need some quick advice, have done a quick search on the forum too but I cant find an obvious answer.......

Basically looking at the following model:

PAM 188 Daylight Chrono, white dial, with genuine Swiss 7753 movement & SS bracelet

Seller says it was bought from Josh a year ago (its never been worn) and it has a gen 7753 movement. He bought it for $800 or so......

My question is: What would the trade value on such a watch be?

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks guys (and gals if any)....... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

7753 movement worth $600, so to me $800 is about right.

However, if the movement originally came from the dealer, I would put more doubt on if it's 100% genuine. Thus, I wouldn't buy it for this trade value unless it's confirmed genuine by someone knows these things BEFORE I buy it. Once you complete the transaction, it is kind of too late to have it confirmed then.

Ofreis has the 7753 for about $500 (last time I checked). You can also find them on eBay in some Hamiltons. The 188 was a great watch. I would say the lume dots on the rep are just slightly bigger then the gen and of course the datefont is always a problem (not sunken on this one though because of 7753).

I also agree with cougaree about the movement. It may be gen eta, but I think it would need a servicing.

This version is long gone, but it was never particularly popular, I would say it has a trade value of around 700.

If it is straight from Jos and hasn't been re-lumed, I would say the value is around $700-$900 depending upon condition of the movement. Even though the movement may not be new, the 188 with 7753 is the more accurate of the 7753 reps, and in demand. If it has been re-lumed, that would raise the value to around $1k.

If the seller doesn't want to open up the back, ask them to take a video of them changing the date via the date pusher at 10, and also have a close-up shot of the date window (it should not be very recessed).

7753 movement worth $600, so to me $800 is about right.

However, if the movement originally came from the dealer, I would put more doubt on if it's 100% genuine. Thus, I wouldn't buy it for this trade value unless it's confirmed genuine by someone knows these things BEFORE I buy it. Once you complete the transaction, it is kind of too late to have it confirmed then.

Hey cougaree, thanks for the response my friend. Yes apparently this watch is brand new from dealer (hes had it a YEAR and never worn it......) its a nice watch though, guy seems nice too. I have requested some way to verify the movement so will wait on that!

Ofreis has the 7753 for about $500 (last time I checked). You can also find them on eBay in some Hamiltons. The 188 was a great watch. I would say the lume dots on the rep are just slightly bigger then the gen and of course the datefont is always a problem (not sunken on this one though because of 7753).

I also agree with cougaree about the movement. It may be gen eta, but I think it would need a servicing.

This version is long gone, but it was never particularly popular, I would say it has a trade value of around 700.

Hey Red. Appreciate the input and advice. Have requested some way to verify the movement.....I will need to check the date wheel....although it doesnt look sunken (maybe its a good idea if I post a pic?) hehe. :bangin:

Does the case have the date change button @ 10? I have the old skool case from River with DSN hands and a Lello wheel. The movement is a work horse and you can verify the movement with a photo.

Jim

Jim, I can not tell whether it has this feature.......if its a 188 then it should have it right? I have requested confirmation of this as well as the movement photo :) Thanks mate.

If it is straight from Jos and hasn't been re-lumed, I would say the value is around $700-$900 depending upon condition of the movement. Even though the movement may not be new, the 188 with 7753 is the more accurate of the 7753 reps, and in demand. If it has been re-lumed, that would raise the value to around $1k.

If the seller doesn't want to open up the back, ask them to take a video of them changing the date via the date pusher at 10, and also have a close-up shot of the date window (it should not be very recessed).

Hey Drulee......I dont think its been relumed......It looks like everythings riding on the movement with this one :) I cant see a pusher at 10, so have asked whether it does have this.

Really appreciate the response my friends, youre great!!. Will get back with details on the movement....... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Just waked up from sleep and found this lengthy discussion. Thanks OSRep for your genuine interest!

I offer to trade with OSRep for the IWC 79320 movement, so perhaps I can answer the queries here.

I had the same doubt on the newness of the 7753 when I received it from Joshua so I brought it to my watchsmith for checking. He told me that, after checking, it's "very" new, running perfectly and keeping accurate time. Of course it's unfortunate that he couldn't confirm whether it's 100% or 95% new... The date setter @10 is also working perfectly, the only thing you shouldn't do is, like other 7750, set the date when the time is between 7pm and 2am.

The more people here discussing about it, the more sentiment I've towards it and don't want to part with it..., even though I never wear it before. Very strange feeling... Regarding the trade, think I'd better leave it with PM. :)