When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which watches in your collection are true 'keepers'?

ubiquitous

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post Ubi!

Personally, I like to keep the number of watches below the months of the year...however there always seems to be more and more that tweak my interest and continually empty my pockets.

But if I had to absolutely keep a few...they would be:

1. EL PAM 063 GMT

2. Franken UPO

3. Navitimer (Started it all)

But, I won't say that out loud, don't want to hurt their feelings!!!

:drinks:

Having so many come and go, I have to say my 3 DSN pams, the 127, 5218-203a, and the 341 egiziano 2 pams from Trusty, the 111e swiss which he no longer offers and the 232. The F Muller black face chrono Casablanca with steel bracelet is a beauty, as is the V-1 HBB ceramic bezel rose gold. Rounding out with a Graham oversize chronofighter and a Bvlgari Assioma.

How did I miss this thread until now?

First: My Rolex Sub was my 10yr work anniversary present to myself so I decided to buy my grail watch before family life got too expensive...

Apr11_02.jpg

Second: Hamilton 992L. I've always loved pocket watches, especially railroad watches, so this is my second keeper...

Hamilton_RR_watch.jpg

Third: Vintage Breitling Model 1451. My Father in Law gifted it to me, and even though gold watches aren't my thing, I grew to love this one. I'm keeping it.

Breit_xmas_03.jpg

Fourth: Pam 127 Fiddy. My favorite rep. I didn't even know about Panerai watches before I joined this group. Now I do.

Fid_02.jpg

While the question might have been asked many times I consider it quite interesting how my opinion about this subject has changed over time - Years ago I had a lot of watches that I would have stated were keepers, but after years of collecting replicas as well as gens I now know that my taste will continue to evolve and there might only be a few pieces that I would consider keepers - in particular if they are replicas :) For me personally it was always the watch I didn't have yet that I thought would be a keeper - after having it for while though I always found something that I wanted more or could finally afford. We will see in a couple of years if your currently stated keepers are still with you :g: