When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Perfect Submersible ?

carlitosway

there are quite a few good subs. pam243, 199, 252 for example. The 243 has the coolest and toughest bezel & crown guard imo. And has quite good standard lume. The lume on the standard rep 243 is a bit better than the standard rep lume on the 252 for example (tested myself).

Wow, hate to jump on the band wagon here but yes, the 243 is the best sub imo...rep or gen. I had a couple and luved them. Just sold them because I got a gen 000 in. If I were to buy a gen pam sub, the 243 would be it. The reps kick ass though...very substantial watches.

Anyone knows how to make bezel on the Pam 243 tight?

Thanks!

The dental floss mod (wrap around the bezelan push it down with a razor blade). :tu:

I like the Pam 194 the most. Maybe it´s not the most accurate, but it´s a monster.

1087214063437_vista_1.jpg

Too sad no EU based dealer can provide it. Would buy it instantly. :drool: :drool:

Edited by drolson

On the 194 the bummer is it is made of the wrong metal. Should be ti. One forum member did source one in ti a couple of years ago but never since. Everyone seems to love the 199. Never seen the ultimate in the flesh though.

Want to laugh - my submersibles a couple of years ago all modded in one way or another:

IMGP1833.jpg

Now I am down to one. ;)

On the 194 the bummer is it is made of the wrong metal. Should be ti. One forum member did source one in ti a couple of years ago but never since. Everyone seems to love the 199. Never seen the ultimate in the flesh though.

Want to laugh - my submersibles a couple of years ago all modded in one way or another:

IMGP1833.jpg

Now I am down to one. ;)

What a collection, W!

My Pam 187 SubZilla. It is definately a Monster!!!

HD2053.jpg?t=1273368870

That's a nice one! What about the bezel on it? Is it tight or loose?

Ultimate PAM199 looks great, but it's terrible when rotating the bezel...Sounds sooo cheap!

What about your 187?

Thank you for your answer! :)

That's a nice one! What about the bezel on it? Is it tight or loose?

Ultimate PAM199 looks great, but it's terrible when rotating the bezel...Sounds sooo cheap!

What about your 187?

Thank you for your answer! :)

The Bezel is definately not as tight as a Gen. But it is tolerable.

Just came back from the AD. The 243 is not even close to the gen in person. From the bezel to the brushed finishing it looks a completely different watch. I didn't even recognize it until the dealer mentioned "243".

I love my rep but that's not accurate at all.

Just came back from the AD. The 243 is not even close to the gen in person. From the bezel to the brushed finishing it looks a completely different watch. I didn't even recognize it until the dealer mentioned "243".

I love my rep but that's not accurate at all.

Don't be a spoil sport. :lol: It's not that bad. But I do have to say IMHO all the bezels look awful relative to the gen for various reasons (other than the original 24A - after it was polished)- markers too large, too proud of the bezel, misplaced, too big or engraved horribly. Brushing you can improve upon greatly though. As you can tell above I have bought and modded a few to the nth degree and was still never perfectly happy. And this was the principal reason. I still have never seen an ultimate 199 in the flesh though. Couple of people who I respect seem to really like their pieces.