When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Found tourbillon on the bay

BSD

What do you guys think about this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250624774357

Looks like a standard asian (Seagull?) tourbillon with a GMT and time of day complication added on. A really well put together one, and priced cheaper than other eBay asian tourbys (and from a US seller). Still, at that price this can't possibly have any semblance of quality, right?

What do you guys think about this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250624774357

Looks like a standard asian (Seagull?) tourbillon with a GMT and time of day complication added on. A really well put together one, and priced cheaper than other eBay asian tourbys (and from a US seller). Still, at that price this can't possibly have any semblance of quality, right?

keep in mind.. the auction had three days left.. and you just opened up a can of worms in a room full of watch crows.... The price will pass 700usd for sure :bangin: some secrets are better left untold...

I hear what all of you are saying, and naturally understood the "risk" in posting this, but I don't mind this watch finding a home with one of the other members if they value it more than I do. If anything, I can say that I've helped out someone on the forums get a good deal instead of just trolling like I always do.

The seller has a few other watch auctions too, by the way. One is the black dial version of the above tourby and two are very similar to the Glashutte Panomatic "12hr tourby" rep that I have, but look way better IMO (and not as obviously fake to anyone who has ever seen a gen open Glashutte). I actually love that rep's complication, but very rarely wear it since everyone at my work would spot it immediately and clown :clown: me forever. At least with a fake brand nobody will have ever heard of it.

Moon Phase :bangin: ...that is a blatant lie =@ other than that the movement is fine...GENEVE my ass :thumbdown:

Yeah like Mickey said - it's just a Day/Night indicator, so it's legit in what it does - assuming this watch doesn't fall apart within a month. The last reason is why I'll always prefer dealing with someone on these forums or a trusted dealer than eBay. Sometimes you get a steal and sometimes you get screwed. On average, you get what you pay for.

I would suggest a $400-600 price would be the norm?

Sold for $371, so someone got a bargain I suppose. Personally, I wouldn't have paid over $300 without some more info on the watch and the seller.

Yes, that's what I was referring to:

The seller has a few other watch auctions too, by the way. One is the black dial version of the above tourby and two are very similar to the Glashutte Panomatic "12hr tourby" rep that I have, but look way better IMO (and not as obviously fake to anyone who has ever seen a gen open Glashutte). I actually love that rep's complication, but very rarely wear it since everyone at my work would spot it immediately and clown :clown: me forever. At least with a fake brand nobody will have ever heard of it.

Stay away from these Gev Kurasses...product decription are not accurate enough....so you really do not know what you will be getting...might as well get a replica than this stuff :drinks: