When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 212 v3: Tease :-)

ewing

After cancelling my first order with Josh for the new version of the 212 over the incorrect mention of a sapphire crystal...

...I finally ordered one from him at the adjusted price of $239

Just received it today and I gotta say it is really nice!

I had bought the ultimate version last year and was disappointed with the lettering of the dial the noisy rotor and the D shaped CG...

Well it seems this one fits the bill. Nice CG shape, crisp white lettering on the dial, good Ar...a good base for an upgrade!

I will post pics later when I get my camera!

;-)

I really don't care for the slow beat movement at this time as it will be replaced with a 7753 at some time.

...and I'm on the list for a sapphire crystal!

I know the 7753 does not have the flyback functionality but it would be the most $$$ efficient replacement for a chrono with running seconds at 9 and minute counter at 3

:-)

So they finally fixed that D shaped CG, that's one of the main reasons I sold mine, it just kept bugging me.

By the way, a 7753 is completely wrong for this model. The gen has a Flyback complication movement.

After cancelling my first order with Josh for the new version of the 212 over the incorrect mention of a sapphire crystal...

...I finally ordered one from him at the adjusted price of $239

Just received it today and I gotta say it is really nice!

I had bought the ultimate version last year and was disappointed with the lettering of the dial the noisy rotor and the D shaped CG...

Well it seems this one fits the bill. Nice CG shape, crisp white lettering on the dial, good Ar...a good base for an upgrade!

I will post pics later when I get my camera!

;-)

I really don't care for the slow beat movement at this time as it will be replaced with a 7753 at some time.

...and I'm on the list for a sapphire crystal!

You're replacing it with a Gen 7753?? or an asian 7753? If asian.. why not just upgrade to the 28800 7750.. they're more :pardon: stable and aLOT easier to find.

So they finally fixed that D shaped CG, that's one of the main reasons I sold mine, it just kept bugging me.

By the way, a 7753 is completely wrong for this model. The gen has a Flyback complication movement.

What do you guys mean by D shaped CG? They're all D shaped :blink:

it is v3

really nice overall!

now for the flaws:

Ar is on the strong side and caseback doesn't have any serial numbers...

hey guys is this the v2?? the version who should have a saphire crystal??

i like it :)

• 2 weeks later...

after two weeks of ownership, I must say that I'm impressed with overall quality...

movement finish is superb and it keeps excellent time (+/- 3 sec per day with 48hr power reserve) rotor is very quiet!

got my hands on a previously owned ultimate 212 and the dial lacks the depth of this one. but for some reason, the ultimate looks a little bigger that v.3 ?!?

feels like the case set is a totally different one as casebacks are not interchangeable. :-(

IMG_8678.JPG

Edited by ewing

haven't found someone with a diamond tester yet, but will gladly let you know when I do...

Did you manage to test the crystal with a diamond tester? I found that the water drop test wass quite unreliable, the diamond tester is really the only way to go.

At last the shape of the CG is sorted but would it of been too much effort to sort out the position of the REG TM or pin while they were at it. The Old school 212's had the same shape CGs but bettter stamping though the lever is a bit better than those ones had.

Nice watch mate look forward to more case profile shots....:thumbsupsmileyanim: