When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does anyone still have stuff owed by Rocketeer?

Mr.Dedman AKA Rocketeer has now had 2 of my (expensive) watches for OVER A YEAR. After 9 months of no response, I got an email from him on April 12th saying that his wife AND daughter are now out of hospital, its been a very traumatising time for him etc. and that he will be in contact within 5 days. He also used this same excuse when he last contacted me in July last year.. For some reason I don't quite believe him and I'm sure many others don't either. I've sent him 9 emails since and I've had no response.

After doing some research, I managed to trace his home phone number. I called him up 5 minutes ago, and his wife picked up.. I asked to speak to Geoff, and she asked "who's calling?" I told her my name and I heard her whisper it to someone (presumably Mr.Dedman). Within 2 seconds she hung up. I tried calling him again immediately after this but no one picked up.

I can only assume that he's stolen my two watches and can't even own up and tell me over the phone..

I'm going to keep trying to get my stuff back, its not a cost I can swallow so easily. If anyone has stuff still owed by Dedman please state here and PM me if you want his HOME phone number (this is not the "business" number he gave everyone during the sign-up).

Thanks bro, this Dedman character is sure a hard guy to figure out.. It appears that he gave some of the watches back to only a handful of people, and others he's just decided to rip off. I can only imagine its due to him liking these watches and so stole these and intends to keep them for himself.

dam it, man thats a real mess, how this happend?? how he could steel your watches?

all the best

deniz

The guy is a total crook Deniz.. over a year ago he started an operation and made out he was an expert watchsmith and tried to collaborate with Chieftang and be a middle man in Chief's AR runs. Unfortunately it was discovered he was a fraud and it was too late for a lot of members who either sent him watches for repair (this was before Domi) or crystal removal for AR. A handful of members got their stuff back after some effort, but many didn't.

:wounded1: wow thats real hard...you trust a guy and want to make with buisness with him and he treats you like this...

i fell realy sorry for you and the others.

but when you have his number is it possible to find his pvrivat adress out?

i would send him some letters to put more preasure behind your words. mabe this helps to get your watches back?

Mostly extremely unfortunate, but certainly hard to figure out, indeed. Why would the guy, if his intent was to steal, contact you a year later with [censored] excuses rather than just disappear for good? Like Jakub, for example. Just make a clean getaway. It makes no sense. But I guess there is still that slight glimmer of hope that in the end you'll get your property back.

:wounded1: wow thats real hard...you trust a guy and want to make with buisness with him and he treats you like this...

i fell realy sorry for you and the others.

Appreciate the support bro

but when you have his number is it possible to find his pvrivat adress out?

i would send him some letters to put more preasure behind your words. mabe this helps to get your watches back?

Yeah I have his private address.. I'm going to plan a little "trip" to his place when time and circumstances permits, I'll see if I can get a group organised consisting of other members who didn't get their stuff back either and pay Dedman a visit...

Mostly extremely unfortunate, but certainly hard to figure out, indeed. Why would the guy, if his intent was to steal, contact you a year later with [censored] excuses rather than just disappear for good? Like Jakub, for example. Just make a clean getaway. It makes no sense. But I guess there is still that slight glimmer of hope that in the end you'll get your property back.

Definitely hard to figure this guy out.. he contacts after almost a year, but then ignores my emails and phone call. Strange guy indeed. I certainly hope you're right Chief, maybe there is a chance we'll get our stuff back.

Man that sucks big time. I personaly think you are dealing with It quite well. When someone takes(steals) my [censored] I get so angry, lose sleep and all of that other good [censored] that dosent help the situation. I sure hope you get your watches back, keep us posted. BTW this guy sounds like a real POS :thumbdown: good luck :drinks: Mike

Thanks bro, this Dedman character is sure a hard guy to figure out.. It appears that he gave some of the watches back to only a handful of people, and others he's just decided to rip off. I can only imagine its due to him liking these watches and so stole these and intends to keep them for himself.

It could be... It could be that he's given the stuff back to he people who he felt were likely to knock on his door... Who knows... Karma will settle his hash in time, but it pisses me off when people take advantage of the good will which exists in this community :thumbdown:

I was so close to assign this guy to make my IWC 3717 dream come true.. Now I know he would just crush it and take my money while at it.. So I guess I was lucky the project got delayed.. But it really pisses me off that he managed to rip off my fellow RWG bretheren! :thumbdown:

With Ryanair throught the EU it isn't very expensive to pay someone a visit and collect your property...I know that's what I would be doing.

Knock knock...

+1

Good luck everyone involved! :drinks:

Man that sucks big time. I personaly think you are dealing with It quite well. When someone takes(steals) my [censored] I get so angry, loose sleep and all of that other good [censored] that dosent help the situation. I sure hope you get your watches back, keep us posted. BTW this guy sounds like a real POS :thumbdown: good luck :drinks: Mike

Thanks for the words of support. I am very angry that he still has watches and parts that belong to others.. theres no excuse for his behaviour. I'll definitely keep everyone posted on any news of progress.

With Ryanair throught the EU it isn't very expensive to pay someone a visit and collect your property...I know that's what I would be doing.

Knock knock...

Zigmeister, I think your suggestion might be the best way to approach this situation. Its easy to avoid emails, its more difficult to avoid phone calls but it can still be done as I experienced today. I'm hoping we can organise a group of members who haven't got their stuff back, and pay Dedman a visit.

I got my watch after ringing his house alot. Other members still had stuff away with him so it may be benifical to club together so to speak.

I will definitely keep on ringing him daily..several times a day. I also hope other members who haven't got their stuff back read this thread and ask me for his number so they can ring him too...

It could be... It could be that he's given the stuff back to he people who he felt were likely to knock on his door... Who knows... Karma will settle his hash in time, but it pisses me off when people take advantage of the good will which exists in this community :thumbdown:

No doubt bro.. he's gonna get whats coming to him.. one day.

man.. what's the story on this guy?? i don't recall this scammer!? Pay him a visit and let him know you mean business! (which watches did he snab of yours slayer?

This guy is beyond words.. if I don't get my stuff back soon.. I will definitely be paying him a visit. I just think it would be better if I could organise a group of members who haven't got their stuff back either, and we all pay him a visit.

He's got my brand new IWC Slevin which I paid $350 for.. and a further £100 servicing. I've only ever worn it for a couple of hours before I sent it to him for repair. I really miss that watch, it was awesome.

The second one he has was a brand new Breitling SOH V2 black.. another stunning watch which I sent to him for the Chief AR run. The b*stard has had both of these in his possession for over a year.. :angry:

I was so close to assign this guy to make my IWC 3717 dream come true.. Now I know he would just crush it and take my money while at it.. So I guess I was lucky the project got delayed.. But it really pisses me off that he managed to rip off my fellow RWG bretheren! :thumbdown:

Good luck everyone involved! :drinks:

Yeah you were very fortunate my friend.. I just wish I met or heard of Domi before this joker. Thanks for your words of support bro, hopefully ALL of us get our stuff back, none of us deserve to have our watches stolen.

man.. what's the story on this guy?? i don't recall this scammer!? Pay him a visit and let him know you mean business! (which watches did he snab of yours slayer?

http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/99435-rocketeer-k2222-admin-team-is-there-something-u-can-do/page__hl__Rocketeer

hey it's only 9 pages but well worth a read

Mr.Dedman AKA Rocketeer has now had 2 of my (expensive) watches for OVER A YEAR. After 9 months of no response, I got an email from him on April 12th saying that his wife AND daughter are now out of hospital, its been a very traumatising time for him etc.

I am very sorry if it is true, but I am thinking that all "problem -members " had a same apologia- health problems or family health problems etc.

Very suspicious, don`t you think? :g:

Again, I am sorry if it is true but...

Either that, or maybe he's just messed up the watches that he's held onto to a point where they're beyond fixing, or collectively too expensive to purchase the replacement parts in aggregate.

Either way, he is responsible for the return of property to the parties invloved, in either original condition as originally submitted, or with the work completed as requested, and in satisfactory state.

I was one of the few lucky ones who got my watch back with a Gen CT AR treatment.I really can't understand what happened nor why some of us

got their watches back.

Come to think about it now i agree 100% with Ubi's post,something must have been gone totally wrong and somehow he managed to mess things up.

We all remember that some of the crystals returned had a whole different AR quality from the one CT is providing,so my guess is that he must have tried

to AR those crystals using a local lab...just a thought.

All i can wish for is for a happy ending with this story DS.

J