When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3717 Modding: Stage 2

HauteHippie

Well, I've had this ole 3717 for quite a while now, and it still gets wrist time on a weekly basis. Most definitely a keeper. Currently it's quite nicely modded with Chief double AR, Swiss 7750, The Zigmeister lume on dial and hands. And I've always considered this V1 EL dial to be the best available. Well, then I recently met up with Ubi who had his own 3717 in tow, and on it a gen dial. Oooer!! I took a good look at it; inspected it in the sun. The texture, the crispness... I was taken. So recently a couple forum members, out of the blue, contacted me with offers to source one of these beauties for me. How could I say no?!? Well, patience has certainly paid off. And soon to be in transit to my doorstep all the way from Western Europe is this absolute minty specimen. I am absolutely thrilled, and couldn't be more grateful to this fine community of ours!

Here she is:

capture23.jpg

capture25.jpg

capture24.jpg

This old clunker is getting a face lift!

3717_1.jpg

3717_2.jpg

lol, the clunker looks darn good to me. I used to have a gen, and can definitely attest to some small differences in the V1 that trump the V3 (which I currently have).

Can't wait to see it completed with the gen dial though. She looks pristine, and will definitely make it a whole new watch!

Edited by flilow06

Thanks guys...

A, I think you're right about the pics being iPhone :whistling: but I aint complaining.... :drinks:

M, this one came to me in a roundabout way - not from where we thought it would. :victory:

Nontheless, Happy for you Chief! You will have a keeper there for sure.....!!

Wear it in good health,

Reg. Mike

From one Italian to another, I think it's a fantastic choice! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hehe!!

Well today she arrived. Happen to be donning the 3717 on my wrist and took a side by side shot. And, pardon of course, the horrendous Blackberry photo.

The V1 3717 dial (in the watch case) with The Zigmeister lume is an excellent stand in for the gen (on the left), IMO. Zig did an excellent job shaping the hour indeces. Keep in mind here, the loose gen dial is further from the viewing plane that the cased V1 dial:

3717dials.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Chief sorry for bumping this thread once more but a i have a question for all you guys.

As said and showed here the big difference is the different texture presence on the dial.

Do you think it would be possible to improve the rep dial with a matte lacquer spray?

If yes, would you suggest a specific one?

Gen on the left, rep on the right (thanks to the poster who shared this pic, can't remember the name, sorry for that mate)

post.jpg