When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why have I not seen anyone mix and store lume like this?

veja74

So, I am getting ready to add to my portfolio of "things I can do myself" and am ready to venture into lumes outside of the simple sandwich dial. It seems like the complaint I see the most is people saying that their binder dries up too quickly. Last week I picked up a few 1 dram vials exactly like what they ship lume powder in so I could make custom mixes of C1 + C3 for an experimental pam dial. I am now wondering, why hasn't anybody ever talked about mixing the powder with the binder and keeping it in one of these 1 dram glass vials? you would always have it ready, if it gets too thick just add 1-2 drops of acetone, the small neck of the vial would minimize the surface area exposed to air so it would not dry out as quickly and we know it wouldn't dry out when the vial is stored with the cap on because the binder doesn't dry out when stored the same way.

Does anybody already do this and if not, why?

you got me... i'll leave it to the lume geeks around to chime in on this one. I would have thought that once the binder is set with the C1/C3 that it would start to lose its luminous capability.. For this reason..Isn't that why over time the lume on our watches gets weaker and weaker and weaker.. and eventually will have to be reapplied to regain functionality...?? i have no clue :pardon: