When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The biggest ripoff umbrella on the internet is no more!

Jawo

I started a thread just above that had been stickied quite a while back ago. I fell victim to these thugs and unfortunately, many of us have also. I am please to say that the bluefakes umbrella has collapsed. The US District Courts have seized the main sites and are slowing closing all of them. Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Tiffany were awarded a $1,000,000 judgement against the main operator of the umbrella. Details can simply be found at My link. I am really happy that some justice has finally prevailed and these rip-off artists stopped. I know that there are many more of them out there, but one of the largest on the net being shut down makes me extremely happy that some justice has been served. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Its great the scammers are out of business.. but lets not forget, they were not shut down for being scammers, they were shut down for selling fakes.. just like the ones we love and collect right here.

As tough as it is to say, I don't think this is a victory we should celebrate too much.

I can only hope removing them will satisfy the copyright holders for a while, and not leave them looking for the next target.

I have to agree with Logan. As much as we despise the out and out scammers, whether they are selling on sites like "bluefakes" or ripping off unsuspecting buyers on Ebay with fake Rolexes,they are selling fakes as genuine. We tend to take the moral high ground, rationalizing that what we are doing is not bad, because we aren't intentionally trying to pass off something counterfeit as the genuine article, however we are buying and selling fakes, which in the eyes of the authorities is one and the same.This to me is just a tiny bit of "the pot calling the kettle black"

I would suspect the reason these folks were caught was the blatant advertising on websites of fake goods. While they were not trying to fool anyone into thinking that what they were selling was the genuine article, they were thumbing their noses at the companies that they were copying. It would not surprise me that companies like Tiffany,Chanel, Gucci, etc. would come down hard on them. Especially after some of these same companies lost their bid to take Ebay to the cleaners over counterfeit goods.

Just my opinion, but the lower we fly under the radar, the better I like it.

I have to agree with Logan. As much as we despise the out and out scammers, whether they are selling on sites like "bluefakes" or ripping off unsuspecting buyers on Ebay with fake Rolexes,they are selling fakes as genuine. We tend to take the moral high ground, rationalizing that what we are doing is not bad, because we aren't intentionally trying to pass off something counterfeit as the genuine article, however we are buying and selling fakes, which in the eyes of the authorities is one and the same.This to me is just a tiny bit of "the pot calling the kettle black"

I would suspect the reason these folks were caught was the blatant advertising on websites of fake goods. While they were not trying to fool anyone into thinking that what they were selling was the genuine article, they were thumbing their noses at the companies that they were copying. It would not surprise me that companies like Tiffany,Chanel, Gucci, etc. would come down hard on them. Especially after some of these same companies lost their bid to take Ebay to the cleaners over counterfeit goods.

Just my opinion, but the lower we fly under the radar, the better I like it.

+1

So that means there will be no more Grade A+++ Swiss Made Rolexes? Damn.

I wonder if Idealwatches and Replicacenter are still in business. They were the ones that almost got me. But "almost" is the key word here... it always sounded fishy, especially their message forum.

I almost purchased from Bluefakes, thanks to RWG that did not have to happen. It's true, what happened to Bluefakes could happen to one of are favorite dealers. But there are some differences. If this going to happen, well It could not have happened to a nicer group of folks. Selling replicated goods Is one thing, It's been happening for years. But to deliberately rip off your custormers, well thats something I find deplorable. I understand that Bluefakes and are dealers are In the same boat as far as selling replicated goods are concerned. Im just glad that If It had to be someone at least It was these scumbags. Thanks for posting this Jawo. BTW to answer your avatars question, :g: "yes I would" :thumbsupsmileyanim: Mike