When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this a decent replica?

MagnusW

I can't see any major mistakes that are very obvious, at least not at first look. Only thing is the black hands.

But my interest in watches have just began so I'm not a pro. Far from.

Edited by MagnusW

How much did you pay for it?

I think someone on RWG1.1 ordered that before they found the site, and it did actually turn up and it wasn't completely rubbish, but it won't be as good a quality as you can get off the recommended dealers on here.

The best advice is to stick to the dealers on here and the other well known boards (RWG1.1, RepGeek (RG), RWI) as that way you shouldn't get scammed and should get exactly what you are looking for. There are thousands of scammers out there, only a few will deliver the good with no hassles and no problems, and most of them have been found already by the boards. Don't risk your money on something from an unknown site that will be likely to be overpriced and low quality, if anything turns up at all.

What else did you buy and where from?

I can't see any major mistakes that are very obvious, at least not at first look. Only thing is the black hands.

But my interest in watches have just began so I'm not a pro. Far from.

Im not a pro either... ( rolex's even less..)... but, for what i can see.. the crown is to big (they usually are in reps) and the blue line colour seems a bit to bright and thin.... i wouldnt be to concearned though..seems fine to me (and the hands arent black..its just the reflexion)

Maybe the experts here can help you. This forum has trully amazing people with lots of knowlodge

Enjoy the watch

Cheers!

A.

How much did you pay for it?

I think someone on RWG1.1 ordered that before they found the site, and it did actually turn up and it wasn't completely rubbish, but it won't be as good a quality as you can get off the recommended dealers on here.

I think rolex2u.com belongs to the same guy that has watcheden.com ... so its a safe dealer (my first rep was from rolex2u ..no problems whatsoever)

Cheers

A.

I paid $138 for the Yachtmaster so it's not the end of the world if it turns out to be a bad rep.

The other watch I bought was also from rolex2u.com and was an Omega Railmaster, $108.

1.jpg

I've read somewhere that the numbers on it are a bit too fat.

And Member X, I will probably buy from one of the dealers on this site next time.

I paid $138 for the Yachtmaster so it's not the end of the world if it turns out to be a bad rep.

Not bad at all for the money.

Strangely, as much as I generally recoil from Rolex's new/current model lineup (& the previous YM), the white gold YMII appeals to me

Image1-30.jpg

Not sure if I could ever wear 1 in mixed company, but I would have no problem making space for a gen (or accurate rep) in 1 of my cases. Granted, the yellow gold version is garish & suffers from all of the issues that most of the current (larger/blingy) Rolex models are weighted with. But, if I found myself heavily tanned (think George Hamilton on stage in Vegas) & on a yacht (again, think George Hamilton in Vegas), I could even, dare I say it, sport the yellow gold YMII

ro_ya_01.jpg

That likely sounds strange to anyone who knows me, but this watch definitely works for me.

The trick with watches this complex & blingy is that they ooze money. So they absolutely must not contain any obvious warts or questionable details. Because, if they do, you end up looking like George Hamilton's tan (fake & silly).

Looks horrible.. I can't believe this carries the yachtmaster name.. nothing about it says.. "yacht" or mastery... it looks like a confused clown with too much makeup.... :(

p.s the "yacht-master" engraving on the bezel of the rep is a horrible dead give away. Not even close to the same font as the original :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

Just received my watches. The Railmaster was sold out so I got the Seamaster Professional together with the Yachtmaster.

I have to admit.. It doesn't look bad on your wrist! It's a lot better on your wrist than in that photo above!!! Wear them both well!

Thanks plaifender. :)

And freddy333, yes I can post a bigger pictures tomorrow. But you're right. The dial is silver/grey. That's one thing I am not so happy about. Because the pictures showed a white bezel when I ordered it.

I don't think I will be returning it. Probably a lot of hassle to get it returned for one with a white dial, if they have one.

One funny thing. rolex2u.com, which I ordered from, sent me the watches inside a PC speaker.

Edited by MagnusW