When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Clark Crystal for MBK 16610 Case

preacher62

FWIW, I remember reading that BK uses a C-1 gasket on his WM9 cases. The C-2 gasket was too tall. I used a C-2 on my ETZ/MBW but I also used a gen retention ring. The Euromariner, which is an MBW case, had a funky original gasket situation to begin with- two nylon gaskets in there- kind of a top and bottom set of gaskets (chinese engineering!).

C2 is the correct one for the sub. C1 is for the YM. Clark's C2 however can be 2.5mm, 2.7mm (gen uses this height), and 3mm (this is Clark's default C2 height I think. At least used to be). With Clark's crystal at ~2mm instead of the current gen's 1.86mm, it's best you use 2.5mm gasket for the sub so the overall crystal height is closest to modern gen's. You also get better water resistance because the crystal retaining ring can fully wrap around the crystal with the 2.5mm gasket. The other 2 gaskets can stick the crystal higher up, not allowing the retaining ring to fully wrap around it. So tell Gary Clark you want 295 crystal with 2.5mm gasket.

-bk

Edited by bklm1234

C2 is the correct one for the sub. C1 is for the YM. Clark's C2 however can be 2.5mm, 2.7mm (gen uses this height), and 3mm (this is Clark's default C2 height I think. At least used to be). With Clark's crystal at ~2mm instead of the current gen's 1.86mm, it's best you use 2.5mm gasket for the sub so the overall crystal height is closest to modern gen's. You also get better water resistance because the crystal retaining ring can fully wrap around the crystal with the 2.5mm gasket. The other 2 gaskets can stick the crystal higher up, not allowing the retaining ring to fully wrap around it. So tell Gary Clark you want 295 crystal with 2.5mm gasket.

-bk

This is very detailed information and I thank you. Thanks to ubi and alli as well.